JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As it says in the thread title.

I've seen some hard handguns to clean, almost makes it no fun to go shooting.

When I bought my handgun which is the sidearm that the military uses, I figured I couldn't go wrong, and it seems that I was right, (although Ive heard some pretty harsh criticisms towards it due to it being a 9mm and not a .45 ACP 1911). It is so easy to disassemble it has to be the easiest handgun to disassemble, you press this button and flip down a switch and the slide comes off real easy.

Since I only own one firearm, it makes it hard for me to be a judge of which ones are easy and hard to disassemble.

Does anyone know if the FiveseveN, glocks, or 1911 are difficult to disassemble and clean?

My beretta 92A1 is the easiest semi auto field strip I've done vs Ruger,Glock,S&W and tauras none of them were hard to break down just a few more steps and as far as a 9mm goes I've had guys that drink the 45 acp kool aid and for that matter 40S&W tell me that a 9mm flat out was'nt lethal including a deputiy sheriff but have yet to find one of them that was willing to stand in front of one. I have nothing against 45's but I like to shoot a lot and when I do I usually take 4-5 boxes of 9 vs 1 box of 45

I went from a fully loaded, round in the chamber to completely field stripped in just under 10 seconds for my M&P. Is it the Easiest/Hardest...who knows, plenty easy for me though.

Also funny observation of this thread...second reply and the 9mm vs. .40s&w vs. .45acp caliber debate was brought into it...don't quite know how that fits into the thread title of "Easiest/Hardest handgun to disassemble and clean?" :s0112:

I agree that Beretta 92/M9s are super easy, but I think Glocks are a little easier. 1911s are kinda a pain if you ask me, but it is what it is. Some people will say that 1911s are the easiest, but you'll NEVER convince me of that, and you'll sound stupid telling me that. I don't like having to have tools to take a gun apart, like SOME 1911s. Most newer autos are pretty easy though. Hardest I've ever fine have been some 1911s and a Ruger MK I.

How thorough of a cleaning? Most modern automatics that I have messed with are pretty easy to field strip...usually just a single button or pin and it comes apart, though I have to say pulling the cylinder out of a revolver is (usually) easier. Yugo zastava m70 pistol gave me hell so was one of the hardest for me- until someone explained to me that it was like an old 1911, and then explained to me how an old 1911 came apart lol.

I can (and have) completely unloaded, cleared, disassembled, assembled and function checked a 1911 (blind folded) in less than three minutes. How in the world can some one think that it is hard to do? (Of course, the 1911s I used in the Army were manufactured during WWII and still being used 40 years later)...

In my case, everything i had handled had a pin/button on the side or a trigger gaurd that pulled out.......going to something that used a front button i.e. the guide rod to hold a cover over the front of the slide was a little alien to me LOL. I had no instructions, and could not find anyone who even knew what an m70 even was (they asked ak?).

Another vote for the Ruger. I just boresnake it and toothbrush and spray out what I can with it locked open. Its not that I can't do it, its just not fun. Fortunately, the Ruger is so simple it can be abused and left dirty and will still run fine. :)

I also had a Mauser C96 "Broomhandle" that was kind of hard to put back together. It would go back together improperly assembled and then it would not come back apart. Fortunately that never happened to me but it made you be very careful.

Hardest I would have to say would be a S&W revolver. The only instructions I found said you needed special sizes of screw drivers and a brass punch, so I stopped there. Easiest would be just about any autoloader, with a few exceptions like the ruger mkII

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Hi powers are pretty easy. lock the slide back with the safety, push the slide stop out, let the slide come forward and that's it. I don't really know if it can get easier then that. I would put the walther p22 on the other end of the spectrum. Fun to shoot though.

Glock is far and away the easiest. Make sure its unloaded, pull down the takedown lever, slide the slide forward, recoil spring and barrel laying on table in 10 seconds if you take your time. Springfield XD/XDm virtually identical except for a dis-assembly lever rather than a spring loaded clip like the glock. Still a 10 second field strip

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top