JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious, this applies to all the E-Forms stamps and such. Those who have gotten approvals for any of their NFA items, did the BATFE send physical copies of the stamp/registration approvals?

Second question; those who have gotten approvals for their tax-exempt (pistol brace, or LEO/Agency); have anyone gotten a physical copy in addition to the .PDF file ?

I've printed mine out just in case, and as a way to record-keep but wondering. I've read that for tax paid stamps; it could go either way?

My Silencer Shop E-Form 4 was digital only. My shop printed me a copy, but honestly, I'm there's no reason if you carry the digital copy.

I'm willing to bet that any other E-file will be digital only.

There is that annoying ORS regulation, 166.272

"(1)A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer if the person knowingly possesses any machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer.
(2)Unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is a Class B felony.
(3)A peace officer may not arrest or charge a person for violating subsection (1) of this section if the person has in the person's immediate possession documentation showing that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is registered as required under federal law.
(4)It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) of this section that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer was registered as required under federal law. [1989 c.839 §13a; 1997 c.749 §8; 1997 c.798 §1]"

Now it could be argued that just having the .pdf saved to the phone could satisfy the documentation requirement but some officers may be anal-retentive and require paper documentation :rolleyes:

My suppressors included a physical form/stamp.

My form 1s were just emailed to me. (More recent)

I have an "old school" physical tax stamp for an SBR. I made several photocopies of the original (which is kept in a safe) and keep a photocopy with me while "in the field" with the SBR. This is legally sufficient to meet "documentation" in the unlikely event of an LEO interaction.

I don't know why you wouldn't print it out. You can't corrupt the hard copy's data. I am a firm, firm believer in physical copies of any important document

There is that annoying ORS regulation, 166.272

"(1)A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer if the person knowingly possesses any machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer.
(2)Unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is a Class B felony.
(3)A peace officer may not arrest or charge a person for violating subsection (1) of this section if the person has in the person's immediate possession documentation showing that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is registered as required under federal law.
(4)It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) of this section that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer was registered as required under federal law. [1989 c.839 §13a; 1997 c.749 §8; 1997 c.798 §1]"

Now it could be argued that just having the .pdf saved to the phone could satisfy the documentation requirement but some officers may be anal-retentive and require paper documentation :rolleyes:
I always figured if an ATF agent were to approach me, they would likely know of all my stuff anyways, because it is registered. Otherwise, local law enforcement can pound sand if they asked me.
Negative Batman.

If a cop ever asks to see something on my phone, the reply is: get a warrant.

Once you unlock the device and hand it over, it's theirs. For anything.
Damn that's scary.

I have never rec'd a physical copy of a tax stamp, all of mine have been digital. I print a copy of each and put them in separate envelopes which go in a file in the safe. I bring the envelope with me to the range as needed.

FWIW I've never had to produce proof for anyone. I had one guy tell me my gun was "illegal" to which I told him it was a registered SBR. He was very confused by this. He was not a LEO, just one of those nosey types who likes to walk the firing line and judge other people's toys.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top