JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on the type of truck I guess?

Even Brinks cash in transit armored trucks aren't bullet proof to rifle calibers :s0140:

A 12ga slug to the radiator and block makes short work of the running gear.

A .50bmg round would literally go through the front of a Mack truck and pretty much everything to the rear trailer bumper, if there isn't dirt or armor in the trailer.

A .50bmg would be good to go through a Caterpillar engine block, and the cab. These aren't armored trucks though they're tough.

A 9mm would make short work of most of the current market light trucks because of the light sheetmetal (aluminum on some!)
5o cal woudl be awesome but what about a simple AR-10 mounted on a Pintel/gimbal in the bed? What kind of ammo must I use to destroy trucks?

842FC793-8D21-4C0C-9C42-5375DDC118FC.jpeg
397FE78D-278E-4408-9A2B-B24D56A6937E.jpeg

Truck guns rule! So many benefits over EDC, Fe:

1) Brace or stock for huge increase in short range accuracy and about triple the range you can be accurate at.

2) more powerful gun such as 5.56, 300 BLK, 12 gauge, or .308 This benefit may include better barrier penetration (but lots of variables there such as choice of ammo etc).

3) Ability to have non-moving red dot or optic

4) handy size for stowing and moving to and from vehicle

5) can have suppressor installed which is tough to do for EDC

Bonus: guns with no buffer allow easy shooting from inside the vehicle due to small form factor. A few fave trick guns from small to bigger:

AA09CA82-3385-4CC3-B908-F3570D0218B4.jpeg
7A27078C-00E9-4BA3-8863-5662D832C445.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have been thinking about a truck gun and had some questions.
For a number of reasons I often can't carry on my body/ with me and I have been thinking about keeping something in my car. Probably well hidden as part of my get home tools, but would not be easily accessible.

1. Do you have one and handgun, rifle or both?
2. Is it hidden or easily accessible? Do load in/out daily?
3. Is it one of your 'quality' guns or more of a cheaper backup?
4. How many rounds? Range type ammo or self defense?
5. Other stuff to consider?

Thanks
Personal opinion, but if you live in a town or city, your edc and cellphone overrule the need. However, if I lived somewhere like Vernonia and got stuck in the middle at night, I might think differently.

My daughter was going to Portland state during the BS. I was constantly waiting for the call, come and get me. Hopefully, not bail me out. I had lots of "options" on standby but never needed.

Personal opinion, but if you live in a town or city, your edc and cellphone overrule the need. However, if I lived somewhere like Vernonia and got stuck in the middle at night, I might think differently.

My daughter was going to Portland state during the BS. I was constantly waiting for the call, come and get me. Hopefully, not bail me out. I had lots of "options" on standby but never needed.
Re phone imo it's only good for documentation. Documenting the situation (eg video) or for police report (ie calling 911, which is just documenting the situation around here). 911 or calling someone to bail you out will do nothing in the seconds of the altercation. In PDx it can literally be 1.5 hours before cops arrive. Fe one stabbing I called 911, paramedics showed up after 45 min, no cops at all.

Edc should always be with you but does not have the advantages listed in post #112 above. For example someone approaches your vehicle with a handgun, multiple perps roll up ina car (common in Pdx), a distraction technique by three thugs to steal your car (also common), mob situation, etc etc . If you have a truck gun you have an advantage in those situations over just your edc. Hopefully it will also give you an advantage over the perp(s) vs edc is more likely to get you evenly matched against the perp (see quote below). 1986 dade shooting may give an example, 2 perps with rifles vs lots of cops who mainly had edcs. Also barrier penetration (ie perps car) or chance of perps having armor may be factors. Chance of a mass shooter situation a truck gun woudl also be an advantage over edc (if you happen to be in or near your vehicle).

But of course your best tool may well be the vehicle. Could be a weapon or means of escape. But since you never know when or how the attack occurs I wouldn't count on it. You could be boxed in (Fe in traffic perps stop in front of you and get out, car right behind you). All imo and Pdx experience which includes witnessing 3 car jackings, 2 stabbings, 1 attack on me, etc.
7EFEFF0F-90FB-466B-82D5-094C64F8EBD7.jpeg

Last Edited:
Re phone imo it's only good for documentation. Documenting the situation (eg video) or for police report (ie calling 911, which is just documenting the situation around here). 911 or calling someone to bail you out will do nothing in the seconds of the altercation. In PDx it can literally be 1.5 hours before cops arrive. Fe one stabbing I called 911, paramedics showed up after 45 min, no cops at all.

Edc should always be with you but does not have the advantages listed in post #112 above. For example someone approaches your vehicle with a handgun, multiple perps roll up ina car (common in Pdx), a distraction technique by three thugs to steal your car (also common), mob situation, etc etc . If you have a truck gun you have an advantage in those situations over just your edc. Hopefully it will also give you an advantage over the perp(s) vs edc is more likely to get you evenly matched against the perp (see quote below). 1986 dade shooting may give an example, 2 perps with rifles vs lots of cops who mainly had edcs. Also barrier penetration (ie perps car) or chance of perps having armor may be factors. Chance of a mass shooter situation a truck gun woudl also be an advantage over edc (if you happen to be in or near your vehicle).

But of course your best tool may well be the vehicle. Could be a weapon or means of escape. But since you never know when or how the attack occurs I wouldn't count on it. You could be boxed in (Fe in traffic perps stop in front of you and get out, car right behind you). All imo and Pdx experience which includes witnessing 3 car jackings, 2 stabbings, 1 attack on me, etc.
View attachment 1856344
So 10mm then? Got it!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews