JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I just wrong in thinking that everybody feels they can carry a gun where ever they want? First of all, places that we go everyday and I mean businesses can set what ever demands they feel like. If you owned a business you have the right to choose to let people carry or not. All stores are private and have the right to set their own rules no matter what. What's wrong with obeying their wishes? Just think of the liability if something happened? I am all for support with carrying legally and also following the wishes of the business. Just like Keith's, I went and purchased 3 guns the other day and I always see the sign no loaded firearms so I take out my mag and go in. What's the big deal. If a place says no firearms I respect their wishes. It just seems like a lot of people feel like they can take a gun anywhere they choose or want with disreguard to the signs. I maybe the only one who feels this way but it is not our property and we don't have the right to carry anywhere we want but many seem to think so.

Again this is just my thoughts and I respect everybody's opinion but reality is businesses can make any rules they want just like no shoes, no shirt, no service. It that against the law? If someone doesn't like just don't go.

Scott
I went to Keith's (store not the gun show) and I did what you did, I took the mag out of my glock, and cleared the chamber. I did open carry it into the store. The red head fat guy that works there, that moron made a comment about me open carrying. I told him I had a CHL and it is also unloaded. He tells me that I need an "OPEN CARRY" license. I told him about oregon laws and he told me I was wrong. I asked him why he believed that I needed an OPEN CARRY LICENSE and he said he was a cop and that he knows the laws.
Next time (if I ever even go there) I will conceal carry and have one in the chamber with extra mags on me and I will go in to Keith's locked and loaded and they can kiss where the sun don't shine. But to be more realistic, I will probably not go there lol...... just saying. I do respect private places when it comes to NO GUNS but if they wanna talk out of their behind or treat me like a criminal when I am within my rights to be doing what i'm doing, they loose all the respect and also my business.:)

Are you SURE they're under SEIU? I thought that was janitors, laborers, and some catagoies of healthcare types in that union... hmmmmm.

Fairly sure. I know for a fact that ODOT is and DMV is a sub-division of them. Again, not really the point of the thread but I can't help myself. The whole thing stinks.

Its just like the (law) passed in Portland saying that inside a Citizens car is (public) and a person cannot have a loaded mag/clip in the city limits(unless they have permission from the state). I wonder? Were those two (laws) thought up and made for the Citizens, with the Citizens approval? Could/can the Citizens vote on them? Do we have the right to have them remove a law if we do not want it?

Going into the DMV with a firearm. Do we have the right to tell them what we want them to do and expect them to do as we want them too?

Here maybe would be a start: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/legal-political/39070-time-gun-up-say-no-tax-requests.html

This was not a "law" that was passed in Portland. (Which would actually be a City Code, but I digress) What your referring to was a decision by the Oregon Appeals Court decision in a case (Bryan Ward VS State of Oregon) that determined that the inside of your vehicle is a "Public Place" as it relates to to ORS 166.250. So when you drive through the State Of Portland there ban on Open Carry Loaded Firearms in Public applies. (Unless of course you have your CHL) Then they can pound sand....

This was not a "law" that was passed in Portland. (Which would actually be a City Code, but I digress) What your referring to was a decision by the Oregon Appeals Court decision in a case (Bryan Ward VS State of Oregon) that determined that the inside of your vehicle is a "Public Place" as it relates to to ORS 166.250. So when you drive through the State Of Portland there ban on Open Carry Loaded Firearms in Public applies. (Unless of course you have your CHL) Then they can pound sand....

Thank you for that information.

Even though it was a decision by a court I still disagree with it. It may not be "Law" but it gives people special privileges to access my private property. Inside my trunk, under my hood and inside my car is not a public place! For them to say it is is bull crap! I believe their decision was for the interest of the state to be able to put their hands where they should not be able to.
I understand if I have a CHL it wouldnt matter. That to me is also a bunch of bull crap! In Oregon I have the right to open carry a firearm. But in Portland I cant have a mag/clip loaded in my firearm unless I ask for a special exempt privilege (A CHL License). That just isnt right!

Do CHL holders think that is OK? WHY?

I think the state is overstepping its bounds just like the DMV would if it "said" or has a law passed saying that us citizens arent able to protect ourselves on DMV property. Which is operated by the state employees paid for by Oregonian Citizens tax dollars.

Last Edited:
Thank you for that information.

Even though is was a decision by a court I still disagree with it. It may not be "Law" but it gives people special privlidges to access my private property. Inside my trunk, under my hood and inside my car is not a public place! For them to say it is is bull crap! I believe their decision was for the interest of the state to be abale to put their hands where they should not be able to.
I understand if I have a CHL it wouldnt matter. That to me is also a bunch of bull crap! In Oregon I have the right to open carry a firearm. But in Portland I cant have a mag/clip loaded in my firearm unless I ask for a special exempt privlidge (A CHL License). That just isnt right!

Do CHL holders think that is OK? WHY?

I think the state is overstepping its bounds just like the DMV would if it "said" or has a law passed saying that us citizens arent able to protect ourselves on DMV property. Which is operated by the state employees paid for by Oregonian Citizens tax dollars.

I am a chl holder and I don't agree with that ruling at all. My guess is that it was a very liberal judge that made that ruling. Insanity.

We should test it by holding a peaceful protest in the back of the judges car. We have the right to peacefully assemble and protest in public right? lol.

Why does it honestly matter, if CHL holders carry in there? its just another stupid law that is pointless... What damage it is causing? they just love making our lives more complicated.. wait soon you wont be able to Carry in the local 711

Why does it honestly matter, if CHL holders carry in there? its just another stupid law that is pointless... What damage it is causing? they just love making our lives more complicated.. wait soon you wont be able to Carry in the local 711
I think because they know they make things overly difficult, time consuming and stressful for folks..

As a precaution..Those sadists (DMV) don't want anyone "snapping". ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top