JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Each stage has a course description explaining the course of fire. The above stages are very straightforward. One shot per plate in any order you choose with the exception of the designated stop plate (it is to be hit last). You shoot each stage five times (each time is called a string). Your worst string is dropped from your total time.

It you have more questions, we have more answers. ;)

Is this a tactical or precision competition? I signed up thinking it was a precision match but then read you also need a pistol which is fine I have one. But was wondering what kind of rifle I am needing like a ar style rifle or a bolt gun.
Ruger 10/22's and S&W 15-22's are popular for these types of matches. A bolt gun would not be appropriate. A min of five mags is highly recommended and keeps the match moving along smoothly.

Last Edited:
Tri County and Albany speed steel matches are not limited to just rimfire. There are several divisions between rimfire and centerfire. Pistol, rifle, PCC. With optic (red dots) or without (iron's), etc.

Most people have something in the safe that can be used. IMHO, speed steel is the least intimidating and easiest of the local competitions to start off in for folks that have never competed. As for me and my squad mates, we never want to see a newbie come out and struggle or not have an enjoyable time. We want to set folks up for success.

Last Edited:
Tri County, and Albany speed steel matches are not limited to just rimfire. There are several divisions between rimfire and centerfire. Pistol, rifle, PCC. With optic (red dots) or without (iron's), etc.

Most people have something in the safe that can be used. IMHO, speed steel is the least intimidating and easiest of the local competitions to start of in for folks that have never competed. As for me and my squad mates, we never want to see a newbie come out and struggle or not have an enjoyable time. We want to set folks up for success.
Awesome thanks for all the info me and my squad member will be at the rimfire match next weekend we shot probably 700 rounds yesterday just practicing going on the beep. I think I'm going to run a 10/22 with a red dot

This looks like a blast! I want to come shoot but the only .22 handgun I have is a double action revolver. It's 8 rounds but I can't swap mags like the simiautos. Can I still compete?

It might be too short of notice. I know that loaner's are available at the regular rimfire matches at DRRC.

If you miss this one, there are other local matches that are similar to this match that don't require running a rifle and pistol together.

Heads up Round 2 @ Canby is now full but you can still waitlist if you sign up in hopes somebody fails to show are drops out..
Thank you all for getting onto this series as we grow it..

Please get an early sign up for the remaining rounds.

Heads up Round 2 @ Canby is now full but you can still waitlist if you sign up in hopes somebody fails to show are drops out..
Thank you all for getting onto this series as we grow it..

Please get an early sign up for the remaining rounds.
The Practiscore page for Canby says wait list isn't enabled by the match director. Is there another way to waitlist?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top