JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, the injection pump, ECU, trans. control, ect. You would still have electrical in the truck, but nothing essential to making it run that could not be bypassed. Glow plugs could be hot wired if the control for them was out.
They are old "dirty" diesel tech. so they will run on anything.

Look up the Bosch CIS system. It was an injector assembly used in the early VW Rabbits, some Audis as well. It can be converted to many different vehicles with some work. No electronics in it at all; Constant Injection System. Mechanically driven! Sure it's not going to power a huge truck, but the damned thing sure does work for a 2.1l stroked 'bunny engine.

Since can't afford a Cadillac Gage V450 Commando.
I will will settle for a 1949 Willy's with a four cylinder diesel conversion.
1949willysphaeton052608.jpg

1949willysphaeton052608.jpg

I have a 86 4runner. Straight axle conversion is underway with gears and lockers. Fuel injection is still in place, but can be swapped out to a webber in very short order if I want to. It get's good mileage and you can't beat the reliability of a 22r. Toyota's are overbuilt as a general rule. Has room to haul 5 with a good amount of supplies.

The second is a 76 Blazer with a pretty much stock 350, a 4" lift, and 35" bias swampers. The diesel would be better in some respects, but parts are EVERYWHERE for the 350. It has plenty of power and can easily haul 6 people with tons of supplies.

You really think Mad Max had gas available.

No! That was the point! You drive around the desert in a muscle car looking for gas! ;)
Just whatever you do, don't let Tina Turner and a bunch of kids restore your humanity. (shudder)

Bicycle.
Low maintenance with parts easy to find and make.
Don't have to feed it.
No gas.
No scrounging for diesel.
You don't have to talk with the Lord Humongous and you avoid Tina Turner in that horrible mad max 3 (shudder)

well i have two,1st choice is my 1986 toyota 2wd pickup with a canopy,22r carburated engine,very reliable and economical,if iam on my own this is the vehicle that i will use,if i have others with me,1990 full size blazer,the 4wd is a plus,but this sucks up alot more fuel,this rig has never stranded me,but i still believe my toyota is more reliable

How about the Knight XV.
Inspired by the military vehicle, the KNIGHT XV is an ultra-luxurious handcrafted, Bio-fuel powered fully armoured SUV. It provides 400 hp and 498-ft lbs of torque.

The KNIGHT XV is priced at $310,000 USD. Only 100 will be made available as a limited first run.. Each vehicle takes 1,500 hours to build by hand.

The KNIGHT-XV is built using ballistic hardened steel making it fully armoured including ballistic fiberglass fenders, bumper and up to 64 mm. (2.5 inches) transparent armor (glass).

The KNIGHT XV is 240 in length, 98 in width with a ground clearance of 14 and stands at 100 high. Its wheelbase is 141 and has an armoured curb weight of 10,000 pounds. The vehicle holds 40 gallons of fuel and sits on four, LT40X13.50R20 Mickey Thompson Baja Radial ATZ tires with ballistic run flats.
Additionally, the KNIGHT XV contains an E-85 Ethanol conversion system (Flex Fuel) with California emission certification, thereby making it certified in all 50 States.

downloadmid1363aluaiwia.jpg

It's a big sucker!!!!
downloadmid1363aluaiwia.jpg

Dang....

I just saw on Canyon road last night a 2.5 ton 6x6 (Deuce and half) multi fuel Diesel engine. It has a new canopy and the bows looked good from what I can tell on the ground. The troop seats are still in place and the shovel is in the pioneer kit. They are asking $7500.00 if anybody is seriously interested I could FWD you the contact info. I have no financial interest in it I am just passing on info. I also snapped several pics of it that I could FWD you too.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads