JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After having lived off mutton in stew (Uyghur laghman) for months at a time years back, the smell even nowadays makes my stomach flip.

There's nothing like some mutton that's been butchered, left out for an unknown time, cooked, left out again for an unknown time, then tossed in stew...

Mmm that's some tasty smeet that you can chew all day long, and still taste two days later...

Prepared fresh, Laghman is very very good & I recommend it. Prepared not so fresh, and there's nothing else to eat...well it'll keep you going, the real purpose of food...

MMmm, MLT.. when the mutton is nice and lean..;)
billy crystal.jpg

80 years of slow, and slower.

Never forget the German jeep was a VW and look how well that worked out for the Nazis.
I've driven them and been with people when they've dropped dead on the road.

I just don't see the attraction.
A 29 Model A with a flathead V-8 would make a better bug out vehicle.

Brutus Out

The picture of traffic in # 217 should be explanation enough as to why trying to transit to any kind of BOL is a bad idea. One traffic jam like that you lose your ability to move freely, you lose your fuel in your vehicle and you lose any preps you may have with you when you have to bail from the situation, not considering you may have to fight your way out of it as well.

That traffic thing can become a SHTF situation in itself, independent of any natural disaster, or whatever causes it. I will stay where I am, and if the problem comes to me deal with it as we have planned and prepped for.

"That traffic thing can become a SHTF situation in itself, independent of any natural disaster, or whatever causes it."

agree
haven't seen enough realistic discussion over the years about exactly what to do to avoid;
having been in a couple large freeway jam-fests for hours at a time I've tried to construct alternate solutions to such entrapment;

After having lived off mutton in stew (Uyghur laghman) for months at a time years back, the smell even nowadays makes my stomach flip.

There's nothing like some mutton that's been butchered, left out for an unknown time, cooked, left out again for an unknown time, then tossed in stew...

Mmm that's some tasty smeet that you can chew all day long, and still taste two days later...

Prepared fresh, Laghman is very very good & I recommend it. Prepared not so fresh, and there's nothing else to eat...well it'll keep you going, the real purpose of food...

Sounds like the sh*t the locals tried to sell my boys in Afghanistan. They never tried that stuff, did eat some local stuff that got a whole platoon sick and sent to the rear for 2 weeks. Weird thing happened when they went back forward, the shop keeper got in a traffic wreck and his shop burned all in the same day Weird.

Sounds like the sh*t the locals tried to sell my boys in Afghanistan. They never tried that stuff, did eat some local stuff that got a whole platoon sick and sent to the rear for 2 weeks. Weird thing happened when they went back forward, the shop keeper got in a traffic wreck and his shop burned all in the same day Weird.

...best to eat local 2nd/3rd world food all the time, or not at all.

80 years of slow, and slower.

Never forget the German jeep was a VW and look how well that worked out for the Nazis.
I've driven them and been with people when they've dropped dead on the road.

I just don't see the attraction.
A 29 Model A with a flathead V-8 would make a better bug out vehicle.

Brutus Out
Bugs aren't bad if they're maintained. But they're maintenance hogs for sure. Any/all of the the VWAC engines are that way.
If you stay on top of the valves and re-torque the heads regularly and carry a spare distributor or its components, they can be made fairly reliable.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top