JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As this is my very first experience building an AR 15 [anything] I didn't realize that the "Complete Upper Kit" did not include the bolt carriage. Since I did get all of what I had originally ordered and have the gun partially built, I went ahead and ordered one from them. It is on its way to my house today...one day earlier than was initially estimated.

I hope to be able to actually test it at the indoor range on one of my days off this week..either Wed or Thu.

I am waiting a 7.63X39 upper. They created the tracking number yesterday but USPS never received the package. maybe today.

The seller creates a tracking label at their shipping department, but, it can take a day...or a few...to actually get the item ready to ship. In my recent instance, it took a couple of days after I got the email notice and then it was on its way.

I got all my parts and, if I'm not missing anything, I believe my AR 15 pistol is range ready.

AR-15-Pistol-Complete.jpg

OK..I might actually be missing something. There is a "washer"/"O-ring" that has a beveled interior and a somewhat rounded exterior. My hunch is that it might be intended to go into the buffer tube to add some kind of shock absorber to the spring action. In the detailed instructions I used, I don't actually see where this ring goes. So, does anyone here have a clue? Thanks in advance. (I just hope I don't have to break the gun down too much to get it into place once I find out. ;) )

EDIT: Update! This "washer" is suppose to go behind the flash hider but, I don't see anything that states which side goes on first. The barrel does NOT have a flange end where the washer would seat, not does the flash hider have one. This washer is called a "crush washer".

Anyone have a clue that can assist me on this one?

Last Edited:
OK..I might actually be missing something. There is a "washer"/"O-ring" that has a beveled interior and a somewhat rounded exterior. My hunch is that it might be intended to go into the buffer tube to add some kind of shock absorber to the spring action. In the detailed instructions I used, I don't actually see where this ring goes. So, does anyone here have a clue? Thanks in advance. (I just hope I don't have to break the gun down too much to get it into place once I find out. ;) )

EDIT: Update! This "washer" is suppose to go behind the flash hider but, I don't see anything that states which side goes on first. The barrel does NOT have a flange end where the washer would seat, not does the flash hider have one. This washer is called a "crush washer".

Anyone have a clue that can assist me on this one?

A crush washer is a type of lock washer that is there to help put spring pressure against the muzzle device and keep it from loosening up. There are a variety of different types of lock washers - I used the all the time in the field as an electrician to keep fittings from coming loose.

Does this look similar to the one you have...

its-tactical-diy-ar15-upper-part-5-4.jpg

If so, here are the instructions that accompany that photo:
  • These instructions do not describe pre-crushing the Crush Washer if needed.
  • Place Upper Receiver into Action Block and into Vise.
  • Install the Crush Washer first, flared side to the shoulder of the barrel (see photos).
  • Thread the BattleComp clockwise until finger tight against the Crush Washer.
  • *BattleComps are now pre-lubed with CLP for ease of installation so no further lubrication was used*
  • Proper torque for a Muzzle Device is 15 to 20 ft. lbs., start with 15 and work up.
  • *The Torque Wrench we have states 20-100 ft. lbs. but is able to be dialed down to 15 ft. lbs.*
  • Our BattleComp 1.5 required 22 ft. lbs. of torque to properly index the BCE Logo at the 6 o'clock position as notated on their Website.
  • Once properly aligned and torqued, the BattleComp will need to be permanently affixed to bring the 14.5″ barrel to the legal 16″ length and avoid a $200 tax stamp to make an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle).
This was taken from a web page about installing a particular muzzle device. They also mention that, in some cases, it may be necessary to "pre-crush" the washer. You can read more on it here: DIY AR-15 Build: Muzzle Device Installation

I really do appreciate the reply!

I also found a video sponsored by Brownell's that showed how to place this washer on. I do, now, have a small problem that I hope my local gun shop can help with. The hand guard that i have with this kit extends beyond the location of the indentations on the FH that allows to torque this sucker down. There's no access at all to that location. So, it looks like I'll need a tension wrench of some type....like a chain wrench, but not with a chain...in order to get it torqued down properly.

I'll definitely be stopping by the shop today sometime. :)

Uhhhhhh, from the photo you are missing either an optic or iron sights....I'm just sayin....:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

Yea, I did mention elsewhere I'm probably going to also get a front grip. I want to test shoot before I decide on which sight...one or both...I want for it. I have it so that I can put an optic on the side should I go that route. :)

Take your handguard off, install and torque your flash suppressor, and reinstall handguard.

As for a front grip, IIRC I think there are ATF limitations for front grips on pistols.

Yes yes, I found it.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/o...er-adding-vertical-fore-grip-handgun/download

Thanks for that info!

Yes, I've redone the front assembly to the satisfaction of my local gun shop/smith. And, the gun does make BANG! really good!

BUT....there may be some more adjusting I need to make to the gas system. I can get, usually at the most...two shots and then a jam. After making a trip back home....due to neglecting to take my Allen wrenches with me...I went back to try again with the same result. I made some minor adjustments to the gas block while there with no remedy.

The gunsmith told me to not make anymore adjustments until I've shot quite a few more rounds through it to make sure it's broken in and that the mechanics are working together well. Does that sound about right? We put three magazines of 30 rounds each through it today.

OH, and BTW, my son gave me some sights for it. :)

Check for proper alignment on the gas block and it should be ok. I'm assuming the port sizes are in sped as well. It can take some time for thing to settle in but if it doesn't then start looking around for excess residue around your GB and make sure it's all lined up properly.

Check for proper alignment on the gas block and it should be ok. I'm assuming the port sizes are in sped as well. It can take some time for thing to settle in but if it doesn't then start looking around for excess residue around your GB and make sure it's all lined up properly.

I did go ahead and break it down to where I could completely check that the gas block properly lines up with the hole in the barrel. I also made sure that the tube inserts properly into the bolt carriage assembly. Everything works very smooth and tight.

If everything else is as it should be, would it be a good idea to try a different magazine? I know on my 1911 I have a magazine that tends to allow a jam where the other tends to work flawlessly. On the AR, when it does jam the shell looks like it simply isn't getting chambered quickly enough. I had to toss a couple of them from getting badly bent/dented.

I am so very happy to report that, as of my latest test this afternoon, the AR 15 Pistol fired 90 rounds...of 30 each...without one jam or hesitation. I still need to do some sight adjustment...but that may need to be done after my cataract surgery coming up. At any rate, it did well for me under the current set of circumstances. The best I can achieve with glasses in my aiming eye is 20/70...and is probably worse at this time.

These pics are taken with my cellphone. Was shot standing, using iron sights at about 50 feet and six inch targets...

13962759_10154448936699839_1431159791795751415_n.jpg

14064112_10154448936474839_9101155522559675979_n.jpg

Also, a little bit of gun oil goes a LONG way. :)

After a bit of sight adjustment, I went back for a little while today. This is at 50 ft (I don't see how they can call it "yards" at an indoor range where the building depth is only 125 ft. ;) ) using iron sights and elbow rest. I do even have video of it. And, do keep in mind, I'm having cataract surgery on the 6th of Sep. That's the aiming eye, and the left eye will be done two weeks after that. Those are 8 in targets, btw.

14063850_10154451640764839_9027369507804063919_n.jpg

Honesty is definitely an issue with this company - they only post favorable reviews. I ordered a Davidson Arms 7.5" upper and a muzzle brake. The upper arrived with the gas tube bent all the way to one side and would not allow the bcg to fit. This was obvious from a quick glance, something that obviously never occurred at Davidson or Delta. The brake was a gloss finish instead of the matte advertised, and was marred with scratches and machine tool marks - what could only be fairly described as a "blem" or a "second", but was represented as new. My two accurate (not spiteful) three-star reviews were not published. Look on their site; there are no bad reviews. Needless to say, I'll never order from them again.

I finally got to shoot one of my area pistols that built from a delta pistol kit. I am very impressed. I didn't have any issues at all. It shot 2 mags full of the cheap Tullamore just fine too. I have backup sights along with a bushnell holosight and everything was on point without any fine tuning so I left it how it was. I was worried about the gas tube issue I encountered on both pistol builds. I pretty much got the pin to secure the gas tube to the gas block but it doesn't look very clean so I was a bit worried. I am so relieved especially since this was my first build from scratch.

Yay I got a response today.... I sent another email today and left a voice message.

Hello,

I was asked to contact you by our shipping department.
They want to apologize for the confusion on your order.
They were getting ready to ship it out and they had the incorrect bcg packaged. We are just waiting for an order of the correct bcgs to come in that are expected today through Monday and we will get your order shipped out to you!
The tracking number you were provided with is now inactive and as soon as we print a new label for your order you will get an email from us with the new tracking number.

Thank you,
McKall Gibson
Delta Team Tactical

Also, I let Mr. Gibson be aware that after I placed the order, I kept seeing a 5% off coupon applied to my shopping cart. He kindly refunded to me 5% back from my previous order. I'm happy with the service this one guy is doing. I don't know why no one else had the time to email me or call me back. Until my items are in hand I will furthermore hold back my judgement of the company.

I placed an order with these guys last night. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Really good prices so I'm rolling the dice.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews