JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, somewhere along the line someone is going to get arrested for simply carrying in one of those "2nd Amendment free zones" and it'll end up in at least the State Supreme Court. I don't think the signs will keep people from carrying in the shops unless you're a law abiding citizen. The shops should be held responsible for protecting their clients.

Part of me wants to OC into one of the stores just because. Maybe secure a civil rights infringement payday at the expense of these morons, but I can't bring myself to put my family through that. No wife and kids? I might have pushed the issue.

The worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you don't leave, they are within their legal rights to charge you with trespassing. However they have to actually ask you to leave.

The more interesting thing will be the first time someone OCs into one of these businesses; maybe the employees are so scared/intimidated by a regular old gun owner, that they fail to ask you to leave the store, but instead go straight to calling 9-1-1 and reporting "a guy with a gun."

This is the dangerous part of the game that the city is playing.. They are suggesting that it is in fact NOT legal to carry into a business in Seattle. That's the idea that they want to relay to the people, without actually going to the trouble of challenging state law and making their dream come true.

The city is more or less going to try and create an official veneer for a law that doesn't exist, and then ask business owners to help enforce it for them by calling in on people that violate their cute little stickers.

:rolleyes:

McGinn, CeaseFire ‘gun free zones’ effort could backfire

Even before their morning press event on Capitol Hill to push their “gun free” businesses idea, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and Washington CeaseFire were being heavily panned by a majority of people commenting at the Seattle Times, KOMO, Seattle P-I.com and KING websites, and lurking in the background are some questions.

<broken link removed>

Good article Dave, especially the "442,000 active concealed pistol licenses in the state, and that is a huge audience to be alienating"

Leave it to liberals to dream up ideas that don't work.

Someone put this on another forum or topic, but pretty much sums it up.
read the bottom

hiroshima-detroit-450x540_zps6a356b7c.jpg

hiroshima-detroit-450x540_zps6a356b7c.jpg

i love how he said he knows it wont stop someone from committing violent acts the goes on to say they need tools to stop them. does this mean he has chosen to ignore the problem and work on a useless project?

The fact is that I doubt most gun owners would even be frequenting these places. Several of them are bars so that already makes them off limits. Second,what they don't know won't hurt them. I carry into private,no carry businesses all the time and no one has ever been the wiser.

McGinn, Ceasefire back discrimination, harassment, as defined by city

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and Washington Ceasefire may be promoting discrimination and harassment as defined by the Seattle Office for Civil Rights with their "gun free zone" campaign, according to a sharp-eyed gun rights activist recently discussed in this column who raised the issue last night on an internet chat list.

<broken link removed>

Culture war: Reality versus the zone of happy thoughts

Washington CeaseFire's Ralph Fascitelli made it official yesterday during his remarks launching the gun free zone project that discriminates against firearms owners in Seattle: there is a culture war that the Second Amendment Foundation's Alan Gottlieb said gun owners will fight.

<broken link removed>

To make this work, you all that are in Washington are going to have to work beyond the forum and educate every gun owner in the state and it will take work. Make an impact and take their $$$ away to a level they will feel. And dont stop there. There are actually people that respect the constitution and the country but do not have any guns, but still will support your efforts. Make it work ! Hit these businesses and politicos in the gonads if they have em and rip them out. If they have affiliates outside the area, hit them hard too.
I see boycotts start all the time, but not followed up on. Make this one be felt. Spend some days or hours following through. Determination scares libs. Be determined work and accomplish it. You all can do it if you wat to.
Nothing is impossible, some things just take a little longer and more effort.
Gun owners are going to have to go on the offense and not just passive response. Offense is the best defense an something most libs do not expect. They have always been loud and pushy. Time to turn up the volume and drown them out and knock them out of the stadium. This is our stadium, our game and our freedom. RAMP IT UP !!!!

Culture war: Reality versus the zone of happy thoughts

Washington CeaseFire&rsquo;s Ralph Fascitelli made it official yesterday during his remarks launching the gun free zone project that discriminates against firearms owners in Seattle: there is a culture war that the Second Amendment Foundation&rsquo;s Alan Gottlieb said gun owners will fight.

<broken link removed>

Tell mr fagatoolie he has a new home waiting for him in Beijing !

Sorry, but these things peak my BP a bit.

I began a boycott 20+ years ago with Portland over policy there and have never spent a dime there since. Sometimes there are things I would like to get there, but there is always an alternate source. Has it helped? Yes it helps my personal peace. That is about all. To make your boycott really make an impact do it right and be relentless. Tenacity is how you kick azz.

My bet is half or more of the patrons of the businesses there are gun owners. If you could get the word out far enough to
get people to shop outside the area, and cut into their $$$ they will change their tune.
The economy is already bad, so it will make an impact.
Maybe not though, as I do not know what the politics up there have changed to since we lived there in the 70's.
Find a way to impact their bottom line if you can. It is an attitude changer.

I quit shopping in Seattle few years ago, even though that is where my house is.
I absolutely hate the political leaning of the city. It is run by complete idiot whack jobs whose brains must be contaminated by mold spores.
I would rather drive 30 miles to get into another taxing jurisdiction than to allow Seattle to receive any of my money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top