JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm having a hard time figuring out how that works. The shell fits inside the larger piece and then the straight pipe hits the primer? Is the shell held in place or does it blow out the straight pipe out the back with newton's 3rd law?

loser anarchists. Just go to home depot and buy a Ramset mastershot.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how that works. The shell fits inside the larger piece and then the straight pipe hits the primer? Is the shell held in place or does it blow out the straight pipe out the back with newton's 3rd law?

Larger pipe has cap on the end with a point in the center, nail is common, doesn't have to be long. Smaller pipe is a diameter that allows a 12 (typically) or 20 gauge shell to fit inside, but smaller enough that the brass lip doesn't let it fall through. Smaller pipe is pushed into larger pipe "slammed" so that the primer of the shotshell hits the nail in the endcap of the larger pipe. Nail point ignites primer, shotshell contents are propelled down/through the smaller pipe and outward.

Hence these are commonly referred to as "slamfire" shotguns.

How can that not be a federal charge? Its
an unregistered short barreled shotgun.

Agree with poster above who said he is probably a felon. Couldn't buy a regular shotgun. But who knows. Glad they caught the dsh-bag.

How can that not be a federal charge? Its
an unregistered short barreled shotgun.

Agree with poster above who said he is probably a felon. Couldn't buy a regular shotgun. But who knows. Glad they caught the dsh-bag.

That was my initial thought -- SBS -- but apparently, at least according to the shootingTimes source I linked to in the original, one element of an SBS is that it is intended to be shouldered. That thing has no stock so it isn't an SBS. I think that's why he was charged with possessing a "Destructive Device" which does included stockless shotguns with a short barrel. It's still an NFA crime, but just under a different catch-all definition.

At least that's my understanding from that article -- I don't have any NFA stuff and never made a close study of it so what I'm saying should be taken with skepticism.

Silly Antifa.... bringing plumbing fixtures to a GUN FIGHT!! :rolleyes:

1ECD26E7-E5DA-426D-9461-A31F20EB75B5.jpeg

Last Edited:
I'm assuming someone paid to have this person flown up here and he didn't just buy a ticket himself.
That's a very good point. Somebody IS paying for it. Lots of these protest antics cost money. And many protesters appear to migrate across state lines. Plus some are getting paid. Look at Portland Antifa mugshots. These aren't the faces of valedictorians and class presidents. These were the kids in your high school class who never raised their hand, never turned in homework, and blew weed ten times a day. They're otherwise unemployable.

Here's a substantially nicer example cued up to the loading and firing process:

EDIT: Well that's annoying -- won't play here. Skit to the 2:00 mark.

I grew up in a neighborhood full of unruly kids. We hand-made potato guns, marble cannons, and zip guns. Quite entertaining. Our stuff was far better-crafted and, I suspect, more accurate than is that garbage gun from Seattle. Too bad he didn't try to use it. KaBoom! Taxpayers wouldn't have had to pay for his upkeep in jail. Why are there always morons? (Speaking of which, amazingly none of us moronic adolescents lost fingers or hands, no doubt because most of us were altar boys.)

When I was a kid (physically as mentally I still am) my buddy and took a piece of pipe and put a cap on it, filled it with the powder from about a thousand (exaggeration) firecrackers, drilled a tiny fuse hole then packed a steel marble down inside. We put it in a vice in my buddies garage and lit it off. It blew a hole in the garage door and the exit wound, which was pretty significant blew the chit out of the plywood door. All we got for our efforts was a good ol fashion bubblegum beating from his dad......

When I was a kid (physically as mentally I still am) my buddy and took a piece of pipe and put a cap on it, filled it with the powder from about a thousand (exaggeration) firecrackers, drilled a tiny fuse hole then packed a steel marble down inside. We put it in a vice in my buddies garage and lit it off. It blew a hole in the garage door and the exit wound, which was pretty significant blew the chit out of the plywood door. All we got for our efforts was a good ol fashion bubblegum beating from his dad......

For a second while reading that I thought you were going to say you capped both ends and made it into a, well you know, I don't feel like typing it and giving the Alphabet boys even more cause to monitor me than they might already.

There's a reason they show the dimensions in that photo. The NFA says it's an AOW. So that's a Federal crime. Hopefully he can serve time for that after the illegally concealed weapon charge in WA. And possibly felon in possession of a firearm?

He knows as much about guns and the law as the weed dealer I saw (1978 or so) with a half dozen bricks of giggle bush and a Mossberg bolt action .410 cut down to 8-10" of bbl length with the full buttstock in place behind the seat of his car.
I explained that it was totally useless for anything but at least 10 years + enhancements.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top