JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I stopped by a friends garage one day and found him moving everything that was on the floor outside to the driveway.
I asked what was going on and he replied that a small nut had hit the floor and disappeared into thin air.
The nut in question was for his vintage Triumph motorcycle and was a special English Whitworth oddball size that couldn't easily be replaced.
I've never seen his garage floor so clean. I asked him if he had checked the old cast iron floor drain that was clear across the room.
No was his answer, it's too far away.
I grabbed a magnet on a stick and fished around down in the p trap. Up comes the nut along with a dozen other fasteners and a small rusty metric socket.

Last Edited:
Smaller, more like a 6mm.
I've looked for a small fastener on my shop floor for almost an hour, only to find it stuck to the magnetic bottom of the flashlight I was using in the search.
I used a knife to open a box yesterday, switched the knife to the other hand to fish something out of the box, and then, for a moment there, couldn't find the knife to put it back in my pocket. :rolleyes:

10mm, right?
1711596372586.png

c12283d5dcdd67fb17d583e3d93778c751184bba07331274db.gif

I don't understand how I can have like five of those things and never find them.
I've got deep, shallow, 12pt 6pt impact and chrome 1/4 and 3/8 drive... Even a 1/2 drive socket in 10mm... I have stubby and regular wrenches, ratcheting wrenches, flex head and fixed... I have an S wrench and a half moon wrench... I even have a wrench with teeth on it for removing rounded 10mms. And absolutely ZERO of them are around when I need em.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews