JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just put him on Ignore. He hates that. :D :s0087:
Oh, I almost forgot - somebody send him this:

RJnqXF8.jpg

:D

I could do the work to find out (at least in this thread) but really it is not worth my time. I will just ignore this thread until there is content here that I can see that is worth responding to. The rest of the (half) conversation I can see I will just stay out of as it has been made abundantly clear that I am not welcome.

... and even the unpapered antiques are a fraction of the cost on the dealer market, it is only the paperwork that makes some of them cost so much..
Examples of full auto SBR or carbine Thompson submachine guns for sale at fractional prices, please.

Or, are our G3 & CETME clones "the same things" as their respective original counterparts? If they are, that's super neat-o!

Heck all of our AR's go pew pew pew pew, they simply do so quietly & to themselves...

& simply forget about what our AK variants think they are!

Examples of full auto SBR or carbine Thompson submachine guns for sale at fractional prices, please.

Or, are our G3 & CETME clones "the same things" as their respective original counterparts? If they are, that's super neat-o!

Heck all of our AR's go pew pew pew pew, they simply do so quietly & to themselves...

& simply forget about what our AK variants think they are!
I linked this before;

Dealer sample guns go for a fraction of the price of their fully papered and transferable counterparts. This is because they can be made new, have a much smaller market, require and expensive license that can expire to own, etc. etc. But if you really wanted an arsenal of FA firearms it would be cheaper to stand up a business around the collection and own nothing but sample guns that it would be to buy a whole collection of them from the transferable market. The only downside is you would only get to keep them for as long as you wanted to run that business.

Oh, and you would have to be careful that that was not the only reason for having that business, it does have to fulfill legitimate business purposed or you (and the LEOs giving you all the sample request letters) may find yourself in hot water too.

But you could say hundreds of grand on FA toys if you do it right, and get stuff that was not invented prior to 1984 to boot.

I linked this before;

Dealer sample guns go for a fraction of the price of their fully papered and transferable counterparts. This is because they can be made new, have a much smaller market, require and expensive license that can expire to own, etc. etc. But if you really wanted an arsenal of FA firearms it would be cheaper to stand up a business around the collection and own nothing but sample guns that it would be to buy a whole collection of them from the transferable market. The only downside is you would only get to keep them for as long as you wanted to run that business.

Oh, and you would have to be careful that that was not the only reason for having that business, it does have to fulfill legitimate business purposed or you (and the LEOs giving you all the sample request letters) may find yourself in hot water too.

But you could say hundreds of grand on FA toys if you do it right, and get stuff that was not invented prior to 1984 to boot.
Wonder how much it would cost to be a dealer, to own a post sample, for the entire lifetime of an average American firearms enthusiast.

...would likely equate to the average price of a home, wouldn't you think?

Wonder how much it would cost to be a dealer, to own a post sample, for the entire lifetime of an average American firearms enthusiast.

...would likely equate to the average price of a home, wouldn't you think?
An 07 FFL with a SOT 3 it $650 every three years for just the licenses. That does not include business startup costs, which you will have as you will be running a legitimate business. But if you somehow manage to keep those to a minimum, and assuming, say, 42 years of ownership (to keep the math simple) that works out to $9100 for a "lifetime" of ownership. Hell, if you could figure out how to convince the ATF you had a legitimate business interest in machine guns you would save about $5000 to $15000 over buying one fully papered Thompson (assuming 20 to 30k for a transferable example).

I did not realize the math was this skewed until I just ran the numbers, and now I fully understand why the ATF cracked down so hard on 07/sot3 FFLs in the last few decades. There was a ton of financial incentive to run a half-assed business just to own machine guns.

And my POINT was that in every other such meme (like the lumber one) the comparison is on a commodity basis, not a specific example. Or are there examples of other such memes that are in the specific instead of the general?
I have always understood a unit or sling count of 2x4's was 294. The pictures shown seem to show 13 across by 26 or 27 high which would be a count of 338 or 351.

In 2020 a 2x4x8 was priced at 5.17 which would be 1519.98 for a 294 unit or 1747.46 for the 338 unit and 1814.67 for the 351 unit shown.
In 2021 a 2x4x8 was priced at 6.85 which would be 2013.90 for a 294 unit or 2013.90 for the 338 unit and 2404.35 for the 351 unit shown.

I am unable to tell if these are 8' long or longer material so the prices may be off but not by a factor of 5.

If you would have purchased the first unit in 2020 for $1,000 that would have been a fine buy no matter the piece count.

Darn now I have forgotten my point for this post. :D :)

I have always understood a unit or sling count of 2x4's was 294. The pictures shown seem to show 13 across by 26 or 27 high which would be a count of 338 or 351.

In 2020 a 2x4x8 was priced at 5.17 which would be 1519.98 for a 294 unit or 1747.46 for the 338 unit and 1814.67 for the 351 unit shown.
In 2021 a 2x4x8 was priced at 6.85 which would be 2013.90 for a 294 unit or 2013.90 for the 338 unit and 2404.35 for the 351 unit shown.

I am unable to tell if these are 8' long or longer material so the prices may be off but not by a factor of 5.

If you would have purchased the first unit in 2020 for $1,000 that would have been a fine buy no matter the piece count.

It gets worse. 2x4's aren't even 2" by 4". 😳

I think the point is 2x4s are fungible and inflation is a bubblegum.

An 07 FFL with a SOT 3 it $650 every three years for just the licenses. That does not include business startup costs, which you will have as you will be running a legitimate business. But if you somehow manage to keep those to a minimum, and assuming, say, 42 years of ownership (to keep the math simple) that works out to $9100 for a "lifetime" of ownership. Hell, if you could figure out how to convince the ATF you had a legitimate business interest in machine guns you would save about $5000 to $15000 over buying one fully papered Thompson (assuming 20 to 30k for a transferable example).

I did not realize the math was this skewed until I just ran the numbers, and now I fully understand why the ATF cracked down so hard on 07/sot3 FFLs in the last few decades. There was a ton of financial incentive to run a half-assed business just to own machine guns.
Ah, so this can not be done just "to own" what you use as your exemplar.

So, in summary:

A semi auto is the same as a full auto, and a full auto post specimen is the same as a semi auto. A pre-full auto shouldn't be used in any devaluation of US dollar memes.

Because.

When having discussions & debates, it's pretty neat to compare apples with non-comparable items. To try to make a point.

What's even more neat-o is watching folks continue to try to do so. And fail.

I think the point is 2x4s are fungible and inflation is a bubblegum.
My pint was posting a picture with a fictitious price of a pile of wood with another pile of wood 1 year later gaining a value 5x higher is not inflation it is misinformation. I guess it was just a meme though. Good for a laugh, I guess. :D :)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top