JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I recently became the owner of a 2nd hand Zev OZ9 with threaded barrel. Haven't shot it yet but I have to say that this thing feels GREAT in the hands. I hate the way most Glocks feel in the hand and the way they point so if you're really big into Glocks, this might not be your cup of tea but I love it. The fit and finish is excellent.

I came across some videos that prompted me to search for recalls at which point I realized my serial number fell under the listed recall numbers for a "rare" trigger malfunction. I e-mailed Zev over the weekend and I presume I'll hear back soon with a remedy but according to their website, it appears like they're willing to pay shipping both ways to address any trigger issues that fall under these serial numbers.

My question is, did anyone have an OZ9 that fell under the recall numbers and if so, did they experience any issues with the gun? Did you end up sending back to Zev? Any noticeable difference after getting it back?

Also curious what your primary use for the OZ9 is.... home defense, strictly range use, competition, safe queen etc?

Well ZEV just got back to me and told me that the original dealer who stocked the gun already sent it in for the trigger replacement in November of 2019 so it sounds like it should be good to go.

I've already contacted ZEV twice and they've replied to me very quickly both times. The first time they sent me replacement optic mount screws free of charge that the original owner had lost. I must say these guys have some of the better customer service I've experienced so far from any firearms manufacturer - that's a big deal in my book.

Hopefully it was something the dealer took care of before you bought it. If you bought it 2020 or later then that's probably the case
I bought it in 2019. I'll contact them and see what's up. I had them do a warranty repair on it about a year and a half ago. Great company and service!

Mine for reference:

IMG_0938.jpg