JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up this little beauty yesterday! Was happily surprised that it came with a bull barrel. Ordered some OD green Hogue double diamonds and a couple Wilson mags too. :D
Need a good cleaning to get all the factory lube/gunk off, but will be taking her out next weekend for a test run.

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

Picked up this little beauty yesterday! Was happily surprised that it came with a bull barrel. Ordered some OD green Hogue double diamonds and a couple Wilson mags too. :D
Need a good cleaning to get all the factory lube/gunk off, but will be taking her out next weekend for a test run.

Very nice! Looking forward to hearing about how it handles.

I almost bought one of those on two or three occasions. They seem a great deal for the money. I have the other end of the Magnum Research collection, a Micro Desert Eagle .380. Exception little weapon with amazing finish and engineering. Enjoy!

This is my first range report, so forgive me if I leave anything out.

I ended up having some small caliber rifle "shoot n see" targets, so I used those to avoid a trip to the store. Headed out to the woods around noon. Was nice and wet by that time, so setting up paper targets was interesting to say the least... Set one at about 20ft & another at 30ft or so. First mag was perfect, second had a failure to eject with 2 rounds to go. Shot another 100+ after that without a single issue (Used 230 grain FMJ) Accuracy was pretty darn good once I got the feel for shooting a 45 again. Trying hard, I put four shots into about 2" at 30 ft. Overall I am very happy with the gun. I thought for sure it would have at least another problem or two, but was pleasantly surprised. :s0155:

Notes:
Stock magazines worked great (Wilson ones haven't arrived yet)
Plain black sights suck, getting a fiber optic front installed asap.
Trigger was crisp & broke clean, no creep, etc.
Fit very well in my hands and shot to point of aim when I put in the effort.
Did not remove the factory lube before shooting.
Not once did I notice the huge roll mark... lol ;)

Pics: (New grips/30ft target)

Target.jpg

Hogue.jpg

Did they sell the gun with the bullet in the box? Im used to getting a spent case, but a complete cartridge is....different

Nice gun though! Glad it shoots well! Have heard nothing but goods new about the Magnum Research 1911's

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that the mag was loaded, and that was probably from the chamber....

I picked up a Magnum Research 1911 G (full size gubment model) in 45 ACP.

Took it and the wife to the range to get an idea on how it will shoot. I had the 2 MR mags and 2 Wilson Combat mags (both 8 round). Long and short, my wife who loves her Lady Smith 38/357 also now loves this pistol. Her first shot out in a 6 oval area paper target had the first round dead center on #1 oval group. Her next was within an inch of that. And that for someone who does not practice all that much. This was at between 25 and 30 feet.

Both of us love the trigger. Nice and crisp with a very nice, light pull. I agree with other reviewers only letdown were the sights. Good for the sunshine we had during the day, but would be impossible to see in a night setting unless you have a handheld or mounted beam to see by. Being a south-paw, having the safety on the left hand side is something I am used to with other guns. Would be nice to see an ambi safety but not even a minor point as the safety on the left hand side is easy to operate.

For myself, this compares very favorably with the Kimber Super Carry Ultra but at a lot less expense. The Wilson Combat mags worked flawlessly as well.

Final verdict, a keeper for sure. Look forward to many more years of happy shooting.

Sodbuster