JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who told you this? Alot of gun makers will say that to help cover their butt on warrantee work. You should be fine if you are loading within safe specs. and if you ever send the gun in say you only shot factory ammo if they ask.

Another Option is to follow the manufacturers reccomendation and most likely you won't need servicing. The "tell em you only shoot factory loads" comment seems quite wrong upon consulting the gut.
My.02

Another Option is to follow the manufacturers reccomendation and most likely you won't need servicing. The "tell em you only shoot factory loads" comment seems quite wrong upon consulting the gut.
My.02

Agreed, because saving money by reloading your own ammunition is for suckers.

Seriously though, it's for the warantee...the gun manufacturers don't want you putting rounds past pressure limits down their firearms then sending them back for repairs. If you know what the heck you're doing, reload away! If you don't know what you are doing (or you bought the gun to experiment different pressures on) I would suggest against it.

I'm not sure what you meant by "factory" reloads.
Would I buy or shoot reloads bought a gun show, the answer is a big NO.

Would I shoot reloads that I LOADED...yes.

Just my opinion,
Tilos

I have shot "factory reloads" many times from big ammo processers that are a factory (not an individual) who reloads millions of rounds and sell them in their own boxes. I see these online from Surplus Ammo for instance and those "reloads" are re-made to exacting industry specs in a factory with their guarantee... the real issue is lone wolf reloaders maybe fowling up their loads. A friend of mine had just bought a 38 special, plus a box of that shop's reloads: ruined the gun! that shop had loaded 357mag levels not the 38 Special levels shown on their boxes. My friends gun was rebuilt by the shop for their mistake (personally I would have demanded a brand new gun).
---Always ask if those "factory reloads" are made local or in a real factory per industry specs.
LOL

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR