JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Yes, I know 'real' BP is just fine, and if I end up using it I'm not going lose any sleep over it, but my busy time for work lines up with the best time to go out to the forest to shoot, so my time is limited and those extra couple minutes of cleaning up after BP might make the difference between shooting my 1851 Navy (on order, waiting on delivery :) ) or leaving it home.
For those that don't know APP / Shooter's World Multipurpose Black / Black MZ don't use sulfur (IIRC they use a citric acid derivative) making clean up *almost* the same as shooting regular smokeless powder
Back when it first came out they advertised Pyrodex as not requiring BP style cleaning, and that turned out to be a lie!

Shipping powder is a pain, so a FTF trade only and I'm ok with a bit of travel If you have more than 1 lb of those powders I might be interested in buying it, but for now trading is the plan

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Yes, I know 'real' BP is just fine, and if I end up using it I'm not going lose any sleep over it, but my busy time for work lines up with the best time to go out to the forest to shoot, so my time is limited and those extra couple minutes of cleaning up after BP might make the difference between shooting my 1851 Navy (on order, waiting on delivery :) ) or leaving it home.
For those that don't know APP / Shooter's World Multipurpose Black / Black MZ don't use sulfur (IIRC they use a citric acid derivative) making clean up *almost* the same as shooting regular smokeless powder
Back when it first came out they advertised Pyrodex as not requiring BP style cleaning, and that turned out to be a lie!

Shipping powder is a pain, so a FTF trade only and I'm ok with a bit of travel If you have more than 1 lb of those powders I might be interested in buying it, but for now trading is the plan
Seems like I'm always learning something from your posts. :s0092: I've never even heard of this stuff. I don't do a lot of black powder shooting, but I've always used Pyrodex (because that's what Dad used). It is certainly dirtier than smokeless powder, but not horrible to clean up after. You've got me curious about this other stuff though, so it's off to Google I go (once again). :s0108:

Have fun with that 1851 Navy!

Real BP isn't terrible either, but there have been days when I got back in cell phone range and my phone blows up with texts and emails and I can't get to cleaning up for a couple days. :confused:
I probably should be ashamed to admit it, but I've never actually used real BP. When I inherited the Thompson Center Hawken, it came with all of the stuff Dad used, including Pyrodex. I remember being with him in the Roseburg Bi-Mart when he was looking for some more Pyrodex. The guy behind the counter informed him the plant got blown up. That happened many years ago.

As for getting to the cleaning up, I suppose it's different for a retired guy like me who has a Tracfone that is rarely even on. :p

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.