JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$625
Manufacturer
Tikka
Caliber
7.62x54R
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
This is a bit "off" for NWF tastes, but I thought to post it here before going off to GB, since I'm lazy and would prefer not to box and go through the USPS roulette. A Model 27 Finnish rifle in "ski" configuration that was refurbished by replacing the original stock with the '"popsicle stick" reinforcement of the bayonet lug and fore end. This was due to the tendency of the unreinforced fore end to splinter during bayonet practice (or use, for that matter). The receiver is undated; a "7" is present which MAY be part of an 1897 date but I am not confident of that. The bolt is matching to the barrel SN; these are normally the only matching numbers the Finns used. All other parts are random makers. HOWEVER, the Tikka-made barrel is numbered to the receiver (image), something I have not previously seen during my serious collection years. The ski configuration was designed for ski and bicycle troops, allowing the use of a rear swivel and front swivel bar for ease of across-back carry. Overall the stock condition is "as issued"; the metal is near perfect. The bore is bright with shadowing in the lands which retain most of the original edge. Overall, an excellent rifle if a bit unusual for the advanced or beginning collector. $625 at a local FFL of one's choice; I will ship via USPS for $40 additional to your O1 or 03 FFL. Happy to answer questions, no trades please. Enjoy!

20201024_102620.jpg 20201024_102634.jpg 20201024_102701.jpg 20201024_102745.jpg 20201024_102721.jpg 20201024_102730.jpg 20201027_162133.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I believe what you have here is an M27. The stock is definitely army versus civil guard. The popsicle reinforcement was not used by the civil guard from everything I learned. What is odd is the serial number does not correspond with the 1928 stamping but 1934. Occasionally you find them out of sequence. Nice rifle..!
here is the M28 Tikka serial range. Army numbers in link.
Tikka2025633016

Last Edited:
Mucho correcto re the model number, gents. Thanks. Yes, it was not a double slot but a later config. The rest of the descriptions are correct. For anyone on the fence, never fear: I can supply some nice Bulgarian ammo.....

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top