JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked one up. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could share a rough value, or any other info on it.

I read about a grooved receiver... What does that mean? Does it make it more or less valuable/desirable?

The serial # on mine is 332XXX. And it is in great shape! There is the slightest hairline fracture in the forend. It's only about 2" long and it's hard to see.

The metal and bore are nice and shiny, retaining nearly all of the bluing.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Depending on the last three digits of your serial number that rifle was made in either 1961 or 62. Winchester Model 61 was produced from 1932 through 1963 with over 342,000 guns sold. So you have one of the very last ones produced. the grooved receiver would be for a scope mount. I doubt it increases value since the value would be much more heavily weighted towards the early guns. A cruise through gun broker will give you an idea of the auction value of the rifle.

As to the desirability of the grooved receiver that would depend on the buyer. If they want to mount a scope its a plus if not then maybe not so much.