JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today.....I ran across this from Ian.

Oh Yeah Baby! The Winchester 1897 and some slam flam fire action.

So then......
One of my favorite scenes (and films) with the Winchester 1897.
The Wild Bunch.

Wild-Bunch.jpg

BUT, IMHO.....slam fire could be more effective when used in a "Target Rich Environment".

Yeah, Sam Peckinpah did lack a bit with those SG firing scenes vs. the MG action. Anyway......I could only imagine/dream about what if perhaps, a longer sequence of some slam fire action with the Winchester 1897 was included in the film?

LOL. BUT, But, but.......the fun is NOT limited to some "Old West" action.

Shuuush......
The BATF (The Bureau of Always Terminating Fun) might just find out how much fun it is.

Aloha, Mark

PS......."Go with GOD."
The Professionals.

Last Edited:
Saw Gun Jesus' video earlier today. Memories of routinely doing this with a Rossi in .22LR in youth came back. My father looked the other way until I broke the firing pin. :p

Had a civilian model when I was a kid I got for a song used at the local hardware store. Took many a crow with it. The lack of a disconnector was fun to play with but, easy to see why they later added one. LOT of AD's with those.

If you can't find an original Winchester 1897......
Well, I've seen many a "Chinchester Clone" that was/were acceptable enough.

Of course.....my first choice would/will still be the original (when working right). And, the final price that you pay, will be your decision to make.

Aloha, Mark

PS........
Note what he says about "his fixes" to the original Win 1897.

Last Edited:

Aloha, Mark

PS......RE : Slam Fire
It's like the most fun that one could have with their clothes on and without going full auto.

Last Edited:
Winchester 97, Model 12, Savage 520, older Ithaca 37 will all do it. Probably the most fun was a Winchester 1890 22. It was worn enough to be really smooth to pump--could keep
it shouldered and come close to semi-auto rate of fire on target.

It's SATURDAY NIGHT. It's free movie time!
The Professionals
Click on where it says "Watch on YouTube"

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Slam firing is kinda like bump firing, its neat and fun, but not terribly useful and usually a waste of ammo. But fun.

That being said, there us a quick scene in The Wild Bunch just when they're breaking out if the bank and the shooting starts that one of the guys just goes to work with a Model 12. Only lsts a sec, but still cool.