JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are SO many options out there that it's hard to suggest something without knowing more about your preferences. Do you prefer a two dot or three dot setup? How important to you is one-handed clearance? Do you want different or same color front and rear tritium vials? Answering these questions will help refine your search a little bit and make offering a sound suggestion a bit easier.

That being said...

The Big Dots are nice, I have a couple of sets on glocks and also on a Sig and while I like them I find that I personally can't achieve quite the level of precision that I would like with them. Lots of folks absolutely love them though and they are unquestionably very fast up close.

My personal preference, and what I run on the 19 I carry every day, is Heinie Ledge Straight 8s ( <broken link removed> ) - Narrow front blade with a wide rear notch makes for, in my opinion, a good compromise between fast sight picture acquisition and precision. The ledge makes one handed manipulation like racking off your belt a whole lot easier. Heinie also has a number of other offerings with different front post/rear notch widths, slants vs. ledge etc. to suit the tastes of a wide variety of shooters.

Warren makes a similar sight setup to the ledge straight 8s in the Sevigny carrys, which I also have. I believe they're slightly cheaper but I prefer the Heinies on account of the serrations and the ledge, and I find the geometry of the rear sight to be a bit better. Warren too offers lots of different options.

The tritium/fiber optic combo offered by tru-glo seems to be quite well recieved, as is the ameriglo pro/operator series.

A more basic set of trijicons or meprolights would serve the vast majority of shooters nicely as well.

Take a look around at whats out there, and if possible try out some different options before you buy...

Heinie Slant Pro straight 8 sights are excellent. The XS Big Dot sights are good also (an acquired taste, though).

:cool:

I like standard 3 dot. used both str8 and XS BD. str8 were too small for my crappy eye sight and I hated shooting anything farther than 7 yards away and wasn't center mass silhouette shooting with the Big Dot. well low light shooting it performed pretty well.

That being said, I think putting XS Big Dot on any 'backoff/get off me' gun like my Kahr PM9 is a great option. But hated it on my glock 17.

If they could make the XS sights hit at 6 o'clock as opposed to behind the sight, I'd use the XS on all my carry guns.

I went away from the 3 dot system, and now run the Warren plain black rear, with a night site front. I prefer the uncluttered site picture that it gives me, and I like the Warren cut on the rear. It is more of a U shape notch, and is very fast.

I also had my slide Cerakoted in gun metal gray. It made the contrast between the back of the slide and the site really stand out. I noticed a slight pickup in speed in acquiring the rear site after the Cerakoting.

I went away from the 3 dot system, and now run the Warren plain black rear, with a night site front. I prefer the uncluttered site picture that it gives me, and I like the Warren cut on the rear. It is more of a U shape notch, and is very fast.

I also had my slide Cerakoted in gun metal gray. It made the contrast between the back of the slide and the site really stand out. I noticed a slight pickup in speed in acquiring the rear site after the Cerakoting.

maybe i should try that on my next gun. That seems like a good way of going.

i have heard that the ones that are 2 different colors are the best... So like an orange one in the front and green in the rear.. helps for better target acquisition from what im told.. day or night

What does everyone here feel about the Ghost Ring sights? Arotek and Entreprise. Pretty high profile but it seems like for my blind eyes something like that would be great.

Personally, I really like Truglo sights, just recently put a set on my G26, and they are great.

Very bright in daytime as well as night, something you can't say about the Trijicon. I've tried both, the Trijicons are just white dots in daylight, the Truglos are bright at all times.

Truglo

Depends on the purpose of the pistol.

Since it's a Glock 19, I'm guessing you're not using it as a target or match pistol (just assuming that you'd use a 17 or 34 for that due to the longer barrels).

If it is a defensive pistol, XS Big Dot.

If my guess was not correct, and you will be using this as a target/match pistol, I'd recommend getting either the XS Standard Dot (smaller/more accurate than the big dot, but slower to acquire), or the TruGlo Brite-Site Tritium/Fiber Optic if you prefer 3 point sights.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top