JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did have a good price on an ordered handgun. Didn't call when it got here. I called and he said, "oh yeah, it's been here for about a week." I went to get it and it was on the floor behind the counter lying in a pile of dog hair. It was in the plastic case but still didn't like it. They have some ammo, over priced and some reloading gear, also over priced

Its an interesting place...They do have items that you may not find elsewhere, but I prefer Good Guys Guns (cleaner, better selection and the at least of couple of the workers there are more polite than Welburns Weapons) I do have to appauld WW for sponsering Tom Greshams' Gun Talk :)

Terry Welburn is a great guy that is very supportive of the local shooters.

He provided a suppressed full auto with the ammo for the last 3gun match we had this month and does a local MG shoot every year.

He's the best class 3 in the valley for buying NFA or doing transfers and the cheapest.

He carries Wolf primers also which many do not. Does not have the eye candy that GGG has or new clean shop but knows guns and there are a few guys that hangout in the shop that are very knowledgable and helpful if asked even though they don't work there.

It's the only gun shop I recommend for buying and transfers.

If you want to fondle a gun, Sportsmans Warehouse is the place in town to do so without pressure. Large selection and friendly staff, I buy most of my powder and primers from them except the Wolf Sm Rifle I get from Terry.

Side Note:
My experience with GGGs has been just the opposite as far as friendly customer service and I would never again let Dan at GGG touch a gun of mine after watching him slaughter my Glock sights.

Side Note:
My experience with GGGs has been just the opposite as far as friendly customer service and I would never again let Dan at GGG touch a gun of mine after watching him slaughter my Glock sights.

I've never had anyone at GGG work on my weapons...I strictly used a qualified gun smith for repairs or work I don't feel comfortable with. Stu is my favorite guy (tall lanky older gentleman with the greay hair) there at GGG the others are OK, but Stu is a stand up guy whom I really like. Maybe if Stu wasn't woking there they may get less of my hard earned money....

I think that Terry could do himself a favor and tidy up the shop, I know its never been real clean even when Daren own it as Bullet Depot, and to me that is one of the things keeping the shop from keeping some folks coming back and why its has changed hands three times that I know of. Just my opinion

Terry is a great guy.
The big guy with the glasses is rude, always acts as if I'm interrupting him.
Because of him, I seldom shop there.
It seems he is always the one I end up speaking with???
Plus the fact of guys hanging around BS'n and listening to every word I say just kinda bothers me.
If the place was cleaned up, and the guys hanging around were asked to leave, Terry would receive more business.
BUT, what do I know?

I usually shop at GGG for guns, and everywhere but Big R for anything else.
Big R owner is a trophy hunter.
I CAN'T STAND trophy hunters!

I have shopped at all the gun shop's and outdoor stores in the southern Oregon Rouge Valley area.

Terry Welburn's is a sweet heart of a guy wit lots of patients, He walked me through the entire tedious "silencer" Federal tax stamps - Sheriff sign off buying process.

Terry is very big in promoting gun ownership & introductory to firearms for the newbie and women, and He holds a class III machine gun shoot each year that is a must do at least one time for locals.

I have transferred a few weapons though His store with no problem.

The "big tall guy with glasses" who works for Terry can be a bit "opinionated" , His personality is bold like for sure but He is a very nice guy, I have dealt with Him many times, and there is another older gentleman who works for Terry there who is also a very very nice guy.

Welburns is a very small store, it does not have much selection when compared to other stores but I think Terry wants to sell rifles and pistols and silencers and everything else seams to me to just be a secondary notion.

Welburn's is much cleaner than it use to be and yes there tends to be a good old boy hang out atmosphere there which I actually like , its kind of like a country store were the locals go to visit and I dig that.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.