JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I recieved The Vortex Strikefire red dot from Midway. Upon arival the scope feels like a quality piece. Finish is nice, functions are clear and easy to use, scope looks just as clear as any other aimpoint replica or even an aimpoint for that matter. The screw on double works just as it should, only down side is that the field of view is a little small and with the magnifier screwed on you cannot flip up your irons. Unless the scope was mounted on a quad rail. When going to install the new red dot on my gun I found dissapointment. The mount was missing a piece. Midway was helpfulll about getting it fixed but It will take about two weeks. So now it is time to find out just how good Vortex's customer service is and see if they can help me out faster and hopefully for little to no cost as any good company will do. I will keep the review updated when I get some results.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-for-ar15

Good review start. Product reviews might be a good way to get people off the Swap meet all of the time. With everything online, it's hard to have a good idea of what is actually going to show up on your front porch. Especially in the AR-15 furniture/accessory world. That looks like a pretty good setup. I've been trying to decide what optics to put on my AR-15 build. I've been leaning towards the Bushnell Trophy http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-trophy-1x32-riflescope-730132p.html
It's kind of an ACOG style, except not $1000.

Good luck with the company.

I looked at the trophy as well but it is dang heavy and alot of look for the same function as any other 1x red dot that weighs and costs less. You might look into the vortex. Light and even hase a 2x magnifier if you want it. otherwise I think it will turn out to be a good optic. If the customer service turns out to be pleasing I will have even more respect for it when it performs.

That does look like a pretty good optic. I'm still collecting parts as money/availability come up so I'm still a ways out. I'll be curious to see how it works for you. The price sure looks good on those.

Eddie

I shot a friends gun in competition with the vortex and I liked it. At the time I was using a 2.5x10 scope and found that I was much faster with his vortex red. A little less accuracy but nothing practice cant fix.

The review continues.....
I contacted Vortex today about gettig a replacement part for the one that is missing and they are going to send me a new scope mount ASAP. Will be here no later than the end of the week they said.
So far I am happy with the customer service. No questions asked and very quick to respond to my problem.

Today the part showed up so now I can site in on friday morning and give some more feedback on my opinion of the scope. Vortex's customer service is A+. They got the part to me in two days just as I had requested. If the scope performs well then I think we have an A+ company on our hands

finally went and shot with the new scope today. I must say that I am amazed at how well it performed. Zero'd in easily and stayed put. I wa able to hold about a 2'' pattern at 100yds without a really stable rest. If anyone is looking for an inexpensive version of the Aim Point I would really consider this and give it a shot.
I am satisfied so far

I was shooting with the sun to my back today and I had no problem. I had the dot on almost the most dim setting. The target 100yds away had direct sun on it. I have yet to shoot directly into the sun so I am not sure about that. I have heard reviews of people who thought it was not bright but most of the people I talked to said they were in snow or something that kinda threw off the review. I have had sun problems with even expensive dots so I think that is just a flaw of the red dot in general

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews