JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...ral&utm_campaign=im&utm_tracker=1736664x84899

The URL looks funny - hope it works for everyone.

I didn't know the TSA had a weekly report.

Untitled.jpg

I am pretty sure the number of passenger check-thru (at security) was in the tens of millions for the same week.

Trying to justify their existence, typical bureaucrat behavior. TSA are the lowest of the low. If you want to know what it's like to live in complete tyranny, just visit your local airport. I no longer will fly anywhere; screw 'em.

Me thinks if you are a CHL or CCW holder in your departure and destination states, then there shouldn't be an issue... One who is properly permitted is not a threat, you've already been vetted....

Vetted to a much higher degree than TSA will ever be capable of anyway...

Edited to correct auto correction

Last Edited:
member: 19284 said:
Just think, all of those guns used to get on airplanes all the time, and how often did anybody get shot? Sure could have used a few passenger firearms on 9/11.

This makes, with all due respect, little sense to me.

If guns were allowed on airplanes, do we think that suicidal hijackers would limit themselves to box cutters?

Let's follow this a little further. So if they legally carried their hijack guns on board, then an in-flight shootout ensuing from possibly all directions would be a good idea, in an aluminum cylinder loaded with people, flying 560 MPH at 35,000 feet?

Um, no.

This makes, with all due respect, little sense to me.

If guns were allowed on airplanes, do we think that suicidal hijackers would limit themselves to box cutters?

Let's follow this a little further. So if they legally carried their hijack guns on board, then an in-flight shootout ensuing from possibly all directions would be a good idea, in an aluminum cylinder loaded with people, flying 560 MPH at 35,000 feet?

Um, no.
No offense taken. How often have airplanes been hijacked by CPL holders? I'll bet I can guess. Even when people used to pack on planes, there were very few shootouts. Hijackers and suicidal zealots don't, to my knowledge, generally take the extra step of getting a demolitions cert or a carry permit before they go off to sew mayhem.

Me thinks if you are a CHL or CCW holder in your departure and destination states, then there shouldn't be an issue... One who is properly permitted is not a threat, you've already been vetted....

Betted to a much higher degree than TSA will ever be capable of anyway...

Or better vetted than the tsa workers are to do the job.

Guns were allowed on airplanes. All that resulted was an occasional side-trip to Cuba. The response to that should have been armed pilots and passengers, and a few dead hijackers; but creating a gigantic travel bureaucracy was more appealing to the ruling class.

You are under the mistaken impression that TSA (and by extension, all of government) is here to protect us. This is not so. It's here as a jobs program for idiots and people with poor morals, and as a way to intimidate the peons. Even if TSA performed perfectly and let no bombs or guns on planes, the terrorists (motivated by US invasion and occupation of the Middle East, mind you) would just move their attacks to the airports prior to getting on the planes.

If the US government wanted to stop terror attacks, they would simply stop invading countries and installing puppet regimes. But stopping a terror attack is contrary to the interests of the ruling class. Government is not for solving problems, but for managing them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top