JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't have them, but have been looking a lot at them for a G48. Google-fu for me has me leaning toward Ameriglo vs. Truglo based on reviews I have been reading online. But glad you asked and curious to hear what others with actual experience here say to help my decision.

Google-fu for me has me leaning toward Ameriglo vs. Truglo based on reviews I have been reading online.
Agreed, although it seems to be a close run. Truglo seems to be the leader in the fiber optics field. The forward cant on the rear sight is a feature I like. For the particular firearm I'm shopping sights for, anyway.

The whole tritium/fiber optic thing though is what really drew my attention. Only if the concept really works as advertised though.

I installed some fiber optic sights on my S&W Victory .22 pistol recently, not the ones above though. I was in for a rude awakening. When aiming, I saw two of everything. Two front sight dots, and two on each side on the rear sight. Sheesh. I don't have the problem with my bow sight that has fiber optics. I suppose because it is further away from my eyeball. What I also discovered is, because my left eye is slightly weaker than my right eye and my eye doctor has me using the same prescription on my contact lenses for both eyes, it focuses without the double dot effect. (He did this so I could read up close a little better without reading glasses.) I am right eye dominant but can see my sights much better with my left eye. So, I have to decide whether to aim the pistol using the left eye, or line up the six dots the best I can. Otherwise, I love the visibility of the fiber optics.

Just a word to the wise so to speak. Growing old isn't for wimps. 🤓

I installed some fiber optic sights on my S&W Victory .22 pistol recently, not the ones above though. I was in for a rude awakening. When aiming, I saw two of everything. Two front sight dots, and two on each side on the rear sight. Sheesh. I don't have the problem with my bow sight that has fiber optics. I suppose because it is further away from my eyeball. What I also discovered is, because my left eye is slightly weaker than my right eye and my eye doctor has me using the same prescription on my contact lenses for both eyes, it focuses without the double dot effect. (He did this so I could read up close a little better without reading glasses.) I am right eye dominant but can see my sights much better with my left eye. So, I have to decide whether to aim the pistol using the left eye, or line up the six dots the best I can. Otherwise, I love the visibility of the fiber optics.

Well.... I believe they call that multi targetting capability and you're supposed to be loading those 8 bullet rounds. Otherwise... you're as good as shooting blanks.

(See what I did there... blanks... comes with age....) 🤣

I have a set of these on a Glock 19 and a set of the standard TFX on another 19. Originally I discredited them because I thought I would be at a disadvantage when shooting in competition because of the thickness of the front sight, thought I would need a narrow target sight. I have changed my opinion, after shooting in a couple of matches my eyes pick up these sights faster than the standard black rear, fiber front, as least that is my perception! As far as night in a dark room, standard bedroom size 12'X13' I can easily see the sights on the gun laying on a desk on the other side of the room. Definitely a game changer if shooting at night and you don't have a light. I am pleased, but obviously they may not work for everybody!! Hope that helps

I have a set of these on a Glock 19 and a set of the standard TFX on another 19. Originally I discredited them because I thought I would be at a disadvantage when shooting in competition because of the thickness of the front sight, thought I would need a narrow target sight. I have changed my opinion, after shooting in a couple of matches my eyes pick up these sights faster than the standard black rear, fiber front, as least that is my perception! As far as night in a dark room, standard bedroom size 12'X13' I can easily see the sights on the gun laying on a desk on the other side of the room. Definitely a game changer if shooting at night and you don't have a light. I am pleased, but obviously they may not work for everybody!! Hope that helps
Thanks for chiming in. I noticed the standard TFX, but I'm very much a fan of the U cut rear sights.

With the fiber rods enclosed as they are, do they get enough light to illuminate through the tritium enough? I noted that the rods are also not replaceable. Do the seem to wear okay? As in... discoloration or darkening.

TIA

Thanks for chiming in. I noticed the standard TFX, but I'm very much a fan of the U cut rear sights.

With the fiber rods enclosed as they are, do they get enough light to illuminate through the tritium enough? I noted that the rods are also not replaceable. Do the seem to wear okay? As in... discoloration or darkening.

TIA

Yes the fiber rods show up very nicely thru the tritium, day or night these sights are very easy to see but for me not overwhelming. As far as durability no issues so far but I can't tell you that I've had them on there for years so time will tell. Just looking at the way they are built I can't image being able to damage them but anything is possible

Looks like the fiber optics are supported/protected better than some I've seen. My wife has a Kimber Micro 9 and the fiber optic front sight broke on the first trip to the range. It is more exposed than the ones the OP is considering. No wonder they included extra fiber optic with the gun. It was easy to replace, and the replacement has held up so far.

I have double vision at certain ranges and when I get tired.

It is because of age according to my eye doc; many people have their eyes focusing on slight different places (mine is up and down, less so to the side). Your brain and ocular system usually adjusts for it, but as you get older less so.

I need to replace some dead Trijicon tritiums. I would like to replace them with a ghost ring rear and blade front that has both fiber optic and tritium, but as far as I can see, nobody makes a ghost ring rear with both tritium and fiber.

I have double vision at certain ranges and when I get tired.

It is because of age according to my eye doc; many people have their eyes focusing on slight different places (mine is up and down, less so to the side). Your brain and ocular system usually adjusts for it, but as you get older less so.
Fortunately(?) I only have one eye. Depth perception is a b*tch... and it really horks me off I can't see the hidden pictures in those 3D geometric prints... but these sights shouldn't pose a problem. 🤣

I have these on my glock 23 fir 2 yrs now and still real bright, front sight is a little chunky but im not a target shooter so it dosent bug me too much. Other then that small gripe i would buy again for sure, that is the same price i paid and i was happy!

I have these on my glock 23 fir 2 yrs now and still real bright, front sight is a little chunky but im not a target shooter so it dosent bug me too much. Other then that small gripe i would buy again for sure, that is the same price i paid and i was happy!
Oddly... that's the same one I was shopping these for (a G23). Thanks for the input.

Last Edited:
My photography skills suck, but such as they are...
1671447407787.jpeg

Top is trijicon HD XR's. Bottom... these Truglo's. So brightness is excellent, a bit larger, but not as crisp. The photo isn't quite 100% to RL. The are both just a bit crisper than they appear, but the difference in degrees for comparison is about right.

Daylight with the fibers is outstanding!

The nutshell: A bit of a trade-off, but all in all I'm very pleased with them. Pricewise... within 10 bucks of each other so pretty much moot, IMHO. As night sights... my eyes and speed of shot placement confidence prefers the trijicon, but daylight aquisition... hands down goes to the Truglo fibers.

The deal is still on and arrives before Christmas.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top