JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently watched a few videos about K31 and found it is a well-made and good looking rifle. A few days later, I had an urge to see those videos again and wanted to know more about this rifle. Before I knew it, the thought of buying one emerged. Then I spent days debating with myself whether I "need" it or "want" it. You know how that goes...

Since not many K31s are available from various gun vendors recently, I take it easy to look around and allow the thought to have time to "distill" for a while. Then I saw ZFK55 (not cheap) and it is even more attractive :). Now what? Should I get both?

If any of you guys out there have either one of these rifles, can you provide your thoughts and experiences? Do you have any regrets? Is it worth the money?

I have a k31. It's rediculously accurate with irons (and bubblegumty eyesight) and surplus Swiss gp11 ammo. Nice trigger, super smooth to shoot.
I kinda want another to stick a scope on.
Well worth the 270 or whatever I paid.

My neighbor shoots a pair of K-31's in military rifle events and always does very well! The rifles are very well made and the fit and finish of the metal parts is top notch. He loves them! Don't know about ammo, he bought a lot over the years and rolls his own. If you enjoy military rifles of that era I don't see how you could go very wrong with a K-31.

I topped my K31 with a Leupold VX2. This rifle deserves better than open sights.

When I bought it the bore was filthy, once I scrubbed it with JB it is solid MOA shooter with GP11.

Last time I checked a ZFK55 cost a couple grand or more, if you can afford it more power to you.

Love my K-31. The ammo is hard to find locally but available online. I got three boxes of Prvi (boxer-primed brass) and have reloaded for it.

You might want to look at swissrifles.com - lots of good info.

As for acquiring one...I'd get a C&R license ($30 for three years) and then you can have all sorts of fun rifles delivered to your home :)

dmancornell - I am sure that scope makes your K31 look a lot cooler. I want a ZFK55 but a few grand is simply out of my reach :-(

raindog - thanks for the leads. I checked all of them but nothing is available (at least within US) at this point. I'll keep looking...

The ZFK's have a slight edge with accuracy. The ZFK's biggest advantage is it is easier to shoot. With it's canted receiver the scope is true vertical unlike the K31 with a scope mount that is offset so it ejects OK. The ZFK has a larger and heavier stock, very effective comp. The bi-pod takes some getting used to.

ZFK has the mount integral with the receiver and the rings are integral with the scope body.
sniper38.jpg
sniper39.jpg
sniper01.jpg

The ZFK should have a spare parts bag and the scope box.
sniper29.jpg
sniper30.jpg
sniper31.jpg
sniper34.jpg
sniper33.jpg
sniper12.jpg
k3155full3.jpg

You can get very close to the ZFK with a K31 and a few hundred bucks of Swiss Products parts. Mount, pad adapter and brake.
butt01.jpg
brake02.jpg
scoped02.jpg
scoped01.jpg
K2501.jpg

even a normal K31 is above and beyond most other milsurp.

it seems to want to shoot dead on without even trying. the trigger is ridiculously smooth.

Gp11 was very cheap online just a couple years ago. Sorry to hear that it's not any longer. Used to be able to buy 10-rd boxes for about $3 - from a quick Google search, it looks like it's still available in a few places, but prices doubled.

Prvi Partisan is available online and in most well-stocked stores. I've been able to find it readily in FMJ and SP in Cabela's, believe it or not. Prvi Swiss 7.5 cartridges are very high quality, and the Prvi brass is reloadable.

7.5 Swiss is easy to reload and uses standard .308 bullets.