JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Ruger GP-100, where one chamber in the cylinder refuses to release the brass. It is also more snug than the other chambers when inserting spent brass, but accepts unfired bullets easily. Gave it a cleaning with no change. Could clean again. Advice?

Tried cleaning chamber w/ brass brush, patch, solvent.
Have not tried any special lead removal chemistry.
Gun was used when acquired. I have put about 100 rounds through, max. all 38sp. some +P.

Thanks in advance.

See if the cylinder is truly clean using a flashlight or if you can see some residue in it. Also pay attention to the brass coming out of it and see if there are any scratches on it indicating a burr or if it has rub marks on one side. It is possible one chamber could be just a hair tighter than the others although I would suspect not likely.

Being unfired shells load fine and extraction is sticky you will need to soak and scrub with a good carbon cutter solvent like Bore Tech Eliminator Lead formula. This most likely is a carbon ring. Carbon can polish up and still look mirror smooth. I would use a couple new brushes and lots of solvent. It will eventually come clean.

If this gun is ever going to be used with 357 ammo I would avoid ever using 38 length brass in it unless you are dedicated to scrub it after every outing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top