JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking of picking up the competition model XD. I would probably have to order it because I haven't seen any in stock. Can anyone describe the trigger pull?

I know it is a striker fired pistol, so the trigger pull will be a little sloppy and heavy, but how does it compare to a Glock? or an HK in single action? Or Beretta or FNP for that matter.

The planned use was just fun times at the range, and maybe a little production class competition.

The XD and XDm that I've fired both had decent triggers. I didn't consider either of them heavy. The XD was a .40 and the XDm a 9mm. In fact the XDm has one of the lightest, smoothest stock triggers that I've experienced in a striker fired pistol. I'm comparing it to a Gen.4 Glock 19, Ruger SR9c, S&W M&P 9 and a S&W Sigma 9.
Looking at your screen name I just figured out that compared to a 1911 .45 you'll probably consider the XDm trigger travel long and somewhat heavy but it's still pretty good. And there are aftermarket replacement parts if you want to improve it.

Good guess on the 1911's. That is what I am used to shooting. That and other DA/SA pistols. I had a Glock model 22 a long time ago that I sold because I didn't like the trigger pull or the sights. I just wasn't that accurate with it. I am hoping that the XD is a little better. I think I'll wait until I get a chance to try one at a store.

Thanks for the info.

I was at the Wholesale Sports on 82nd awhile back and they had the 9mm version of this gun in stock. Might want to check with them if you want to get your hands on one.

Nice gun, felt great in hand and I really like the sights.

I've read that the trigger is the standard XDM tigger as they figure serious competition shooters will have trigger work done anyway. If that's true, you can find a standard XDM just about anywhere to at least feel the trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top