JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Own multiple Sigs but this one flat out is a lemon. Bought Nov 22 and it ate mini mags but got the occasional hiccup of other brands. The mags take patience to load as they are sensitive to being perfect in the mag.
Few thousand rounds in and each trip it gets worse and worse. Light strikes, mis-feeds, slide not locking back on empty mag, and really almost impossible to lock slide back manually. When you do lock it back, mag going in or tge slightest bump unlocks it.

The positives are its very accurate, and no fouling in the barrel which so many had early on.

Its going back as soon as I speak with Sig Tuesday and get a lable. Hopefully 1x back solves it all

Sounds like you need to detail strip it and clean all the crud out. Rimfire guns have an ugly tendency to build up gunk where you wouldn't think gunk would be

Now I'm curious.
I have a TX22 that ran line a top, then after a few thousand rounds started to choke a lot. So I pulled the whole enchilada apart and you wouldn't believe what built up in the striker assembly and frame/slide innards. Runs like a top again. Most people just aren't willing or able to take a gun down to the springs and pins... 22s almost require it and they'll let you know. At least, that's been my experience. I'd be very surprised if sig said it was anything other than dirty considering round count looks about right for a detail strip to me

I have a TX22 that ran line a top, then after a few thousand rounds started to choke a lot. So I pulled the whole enchilada apart and you wouldn't believe what built up in the striker assembly and frame/slide innards. Runs like a top again. Most people just aren't willing or able to take a gun down to the springs and pins... 22s almost require it and they'll let you know. At least, that's been my experience. I'd be very surprised if sig said it was anything other than dirty considering round count looks about right for a detail strip to me
Especially if you shoot suppressed. A lot of residue and gunk blows back into the internals and action, much more when suppressed.

Ran several hundred rounds through my new p322 the other day. CCI were flawless. Thunderturds had one dud and one missfeed when the bullet was coming out of the cartridge.

Yes, the magazines take patience to load.
Just have more mags than people shooting so there is no down time.

1000001965.jpg

Clean 22 ammo? That's like saying honest politician.
Never happened.
Pull that thing apart and clean it up before you send it to Sig.
They're going to chastise you if you send them some filthy gun and say
you don't know what's wrong.
That pistol will run just about anything, even standard vel.
Did you even pull er apart and wipe er down and lube er when you first got er?
If you did the above and its doing all you explained, then there is something wrong.
Other wise, break out the Dawn dish detergent and CLP and have fun

Mine would do light strikes every four rounds. I did the spacer trick and it helped immensely, but they occasionally still happen.

I love the gun, but its far from perfect. Sadly the P322 wasn't immune to the sig-sauer first gen curse.

The filthiest guns are the ones that shoot suppressed. Aguila is particularly bad. Try Gunscrub spray before anything else. Just don't get it on fiber optics. Chamber leading should be considered. Makes extraction a bytch. As far as slide not wanting to lock back, you need to inspect every functional part of the slide lock, including it's spring, engagement recesses, and slide rail end clearance for build up gunk.

Last Edited:
The clamshell design on the striker channel is probably my favorite new feature on that thing, I love being able to pop that in half and just hit it with a toothbrush. It's like the magnet on the foot of the Ryobi drills, tiny little detail that makes living with it fantastic

The five P322s I have experience with (2 owned by me) all run great. One of mine is over 8,000 rounds and going strong. Many of these shots are suppressed.

The mags do need to be properly loaded or will jamb due to the issue of rimmed cartridges in a double stack magazine body.

It's easy to properly load however... just pull the follower down JUST enough to slide a cartridge under the feed lips. Do this for each round. It really doesn't take any longer than loading a single stack and is eased by the excellent finger buttons on the mag, and the even better mag loading tool included with the gun.

SIG has an excellent YouTube video show how.

Any double stack magazine feeding rimmed cartridges has this issue, not just the P322. If the rim of a cartridge gets in front of the cartridge on top it will interfere with feeding.

I'd encourage you to give it a good cleaning first. If it's still giving problems then take advantage of SIGs top-notch customer service e.