JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mike look I'm not lazy.

Hey everyone. I'm 37, was Army for 14 years but never cared for weapon systems tbh. Lately I've been wanting a pistol for home protection and hobby shooting on random weekends.

I've always wanted a Glock. Yeah I'm basic I guess oh well. I'm telling myself this won't turn into an addiction and also laughing at myself that I never cared for this stuff in the military. Life is funny.

Sorry in advance for any stupid newbie questions.

Mike look I'm not lazy.

Hey everyone. I'm 37, was Army for 14 years but never cared for weapon systems tbh. Lately I've been wanting a pistol for home protection and hobby shooting on random weekends.

I've always wanted a Glock. Yeah I'm basic I guess oh well. I'm telling myself this won't turn into an addiction and also laughing at myself that I never cared for this stuff in the military. Life is funny.

In this case the old line the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask comes to mind. That you want to get a gun for your protection now days is SMART. If you do not know much about what you want and how to use it this place is top for that. LOT's of info here and no one is going to think questions are stupid. Ask away and enjoy!

Welcome to the fold.
Tough to go wrong with a Glock. They are very reliable pistols.
To go with your (soon to be) new Glock, get some training! It's one thing to have the tools at hand, it is quite another to be competent in their use.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are literally hundreds of years of experience here and one of us can probably provide you with an answer.

Mike look I'm not lazy.

Welcome! This place is an awesome source of knowledge for just about everything firearm related (and more!)

Make sure you are aware of ballot measure 114 that we Oregonians will be voting on in November; if this measure passes, Oregon will become one of the most restrictive states in the Union when it comes to exercising your 2nd Amendment.

Check out the thread linked above, and encourage people to vote NO!

Mike look I'm not lazy.

Welcome!! Glocks are a great choice. Easy to break down and clean, and extremely reliable. Just be aware there is no safety on them. If you haven't already, I recommend you go to a range and rent a couple of different models/calibers to see which you are most comfortable with before you buy. Good luck with your purchase!

Addiction......how BAD do you have it?

Baggies_of_bullets.jpg

Baggie_of_bullets.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top