JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1075
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
No trades considered - price is fairly firm

For sale is a Savage Impulse Predator SKU 57659 in 308 Win that I bought new on 5 March 2022. It has never been fired other than by the factory. Gave up waiting to see on in person after two years and bought one. The gun is in LNIB condition. Everything is there: user manual, Accustock fit kit and 10 round magazine. Turns out that the Impulse is not for me despite being a big Savage fan who owns 4 other rifles. It is faster than a normal bolt rifle. I did a head to head 10 second test versus my Savage Model 10 308. The setup was mag inserted with 5 dummy 150gr rounds, bolt open, gun in low ready. In 10 seconds I could crank off all 5 shots and the bolt was closed on the 6th round. My Model 10 got the trigger pulled for 5 rounds, but the empty was still in the chamber. The Impulse has serious extraction flinging brass out of the rifle, while it dribbled out of my Model 10. The Accustock is stout compared to most Tupperware stocks. The cons are that it is heavy, bottom metal/trigger guard is plastic, will not take MagPul ACIS mags and for my cheek weld the bolt comes within 1/2" of my glasses. I included a picture of the trigger of the Impulse aligned with my Model 10 so you can see that the bolt comes back further and the ejection port is further toward the muzzle. Once you get the muscle memory down, the straight pull is sweet, but then you go back to the turn bolt and are messed up. I don't want to mix two action types that are this similar.

Shipping to the contiguous 48 states is $35.00 Buyer has a 3 day non firing inspection period to return the item for a full refund less outgoing and return shipping. Payment methods include: USPS Money Order, Venmo, PayPal + 3% and Zelle. Will accept cast for face to face sales. Shipping to HI and AK extra. Make sure your FFL will accept a transfer from a non FFL holding citizen. For face to face sales, will pay half of the FFL transfer fees up to $20; this excludes the $10 Oregon State Police fee. You may text me at 971 two-one-nine 1015.

Impulse (1).jpg Impulse (2).jpg Impulse (3).jpg Impulse (4).jpg Impulse (5).jpg Impulse (6).jpg Impulse (7).jpg Impulse (8).jpg Impulse (9).jpg Impulse (10).jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews