JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

Any knowledgeable here that can provide info about a Savage 10 SP Tactical heavy fluted barrel, I looked all over the net and the savage site with no luck.Maybe is an error on the barrel info?:huh:
Thanks!

could is say FP instead of SP? Haven't heard of that. There is a FP-SR

Thanks OR4x4,
Look at the picture------>

IMG_20111012_220924.jpg

That small SP there is what Savage stamps on their barrels after they "proof test" them (pressure test before assembly). They used to do it with an oval around the 'SP'.

What length is the barrel?

The barrel is 20 fluted not threaded....

I'm gonna guess a Model 10FP or variant of it.

What exactly is your question? Savages are great guns, typically good out of box accuracy and easy to work on.

I want to improve the accuracy, it has a flimsy stock not the accustock, to get the one I need it requires specific information ....etc

The only thing that changed on Savage short actions (non 100 series) is screw spacing. MEASURE YOUR SCREW SPACING AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO!

The Savage accustock isn't exactly a great stock either. On a budget B&C, or look at Mcmillan, Manners, or a Chassis system.

The only thing that changed on Savage short actions (non 100 series) is screw spacing. MEASURE YOUR SCREW SPACING AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO!

The Savage accustock isn't exactly a great stock either. On a budget B&C, or look at Mcmillan, Manners, or a Chassis system.

Much appreciated! !!