JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never shot this, never seen it shot, forget what my dad said about it before he passed away actually. I'll just add in the photos and have people tell me about it.

20200416_173718.jpg 20200416_173734.jpg 20200416_173741.jpg 20200416_173749.jpg 20200416_173806.jpg 20200416_173828.jpg 20200416_173834.jpg 20200416_173746.jpg

Very good hunting rifle in that condition. A collector would want the original stock.

The patches are interesting. My understanding is that after some use these were reconditioned in the armory. Looks like there's repaired some cracks.

These are really great rifles and very accurate. As said above likely a 6.5x55, one of my all time favorite cartridges. This is an outstanding cartridge that has low recoil, is flat shooting, and is capable of any North American big game. In Europe it's used for everything up to what we call moose (they call elk) with a 140 grain bullet.

These rifles were designed during a time of lower chamber pressures than modern rifles. Make sure you get ammunition designed for those lower pressures to prevent damage or injury.

I recommend cleaning and oiling. You can get flashlights that come with an attachable piect of fiber optic you can use to light up the bore for inspection.

1587082020679.png

Cleaning how to:

These can be drilled and tapped for scopes if you prefer.

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you aboard!

What about the original sights? I have no idea how to use them and ever since I was a boy I was fascinated with it. Maybe fascinated with it like looking back on a slide-rule from the 50s, but still.

These are really great rifles and very accurate. As said above likely a 6.5x55, one of my all time favorite cartridges. This is an outstanding cartridge that has low recoil, is flat shooting, and is capable of any North American big game. In Europe it's used for everything up to what we call moose (they call elk) with a 140 grain bullet.

These rifles were designed during a time of lower chamber pressures than modern rifles. Make sure you get ammunition designed for those lower pressures to prevent damage or injury.

I recommend cleaning and oiling. You can get flashlights that come with an attachable piect of fiber optic you can use to light up the bore for inspection.

View attachment 684613

Cleaning how to:

These can be drilled and tapped for scopes if you prefer.

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you aboard!

Thanks, I actually used to run some large forums, so being on an active one again is fun. Good times.

The pointy end of the cartridge goes into the long pipe thingy. Then you push the handle thingy forward and down. Then you use your booger hook to pull the hooked thingy on the bottom. Easy peasy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top