JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone changed out the springs or added shims to there ruger sp101? I Took mine apart today for a deep cleaning for the first time. Man let me tell ya it was fun searching the floor for the paw spring and pin. Went ahead and did a light polish on some parts. Nothing to serious. I didn't want to go over board the first time. Anyways since I'm pretty comfortable with a complete disassembly I figured I'd change out the springs and maybe do some trigger and hammer shims.

It seems there's pretty much Wilson combat and wolf springs. Anybody prefer one of the other? Which weight springs did you use? I read some that a 12# main spring will keep
Me from getting light strikes but that it doesn't really make much of a difference. I'm just look for personal experiences and recommendations. Thanks guys

I've taken mine apart like that before, there used to be a good youtube video of the whole process, don't know if it's still available. Never replaced the springs in mine but just curious what ammo youre shooting to get light strikes? Never had any problems with any Ruger double action.

I've taken mine apart like that before, there used to be a good youtube video of the whole process, don't know if it's still available. Never replaced the springs in mine but just curious what ammo youre shooting to get light strikes? Never had any problems with any Ruger double action.

im not getting light strikes now. I was reading how if you go to light on the spring you'll start to get light strikes. After atleast 1k rounds I've only had to failure to fires and it was from my own reloads and not having the primer seated flush.

picked up the RUGER SP-101 RP REVOLVER SHOOTER'S PAK from Wollf Gunsprings ($10) for my 3" .357...installed the 10# hammer spring, left the return spring alone. Did a little polishing while at it, trigger is now very smooth in DA, and light and crisp in SA. Super easy to do with the Ruger modular trigger that just drops out of the frame.

I second the mcarbo springs.

My SP101 had the worst trigger when I purchased it new. Went ahead and bought the mcarbo spring and shim kit. Followed their very easy installation and polishing video and two hours later my revolver trigger was smooth as butter.

I haven't had a single "light primer strike" issue and the pistol is far more enjoyable to shoot now. Get the mcarbo kit, you won't be disappointed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top