JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... you are on the right track; plenty of after market for the Ruger 10/22. Seen the 10/22 Talo itac? yahoo/google/bing it.
FA Enterprises make nice stocks .. in different colors... see that and others at:
http://www.1022ruger.com/ruger-1022-stocks/

Not wanting to hijack your thread, but there is one other .22LR to look at by comparison for parts ... the Marlin Model 60.
Do some more research and ask more questions here!

Chris

Would it be better to choose another model?
I'd like to have the options of choosing barrels and stocks.

That depends on how important the 'take down' is to you.
Will you use it for backpacking or in a small vehicle enough that the take down is important?

I don't see where a take down model is any more practical than a folding stock,really
Then the options go crazy

a takedown is meant to be a lighter weight rifle that can be stored, so putting a target barrel on it would defeat the purpose. The accuracy reports are fairly good, as is the repeatablity after the barrel is reinstalled. I played with one and it is a solid design, better than the papoose and browning, way faster and carried just like a stock 10/22. If the accuracy needs to be better you can send the barrel off and have it rechambered and recrowned. The barrels on the 10/22 get a bad rap, yet they all seem to be fairly accurate, but the finishing needs to be done. The chamber can be made "better" but you might have issues with some ammo. The crown can also be made better, but not necessary always.

If you want a target gun, why bother with a takedown and just build one from top end parts, or buy a Kidd.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top