JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

So I bought a broken Remington 740 the other day. Very low serial number, beautiful cosmetic condition, but I am assuming it will probably have the locking lug receiver issue. I've been reading that with some parts from a 760, it can be converted into a pump action thus allowing the rifle to live on. While I wait the long, and idiotic waiting period to collect my broken rifle I've been doing research. Would anyone happen to know what parts are needed for this conversion? I'm thinking the action bar, action tube, and the wood fore grip, but what else?

Thanks

Hello all,

So I bought a broken Remington 740 the other day. Very low serial number, beautiful cosmetic condition, but I am assuming it will probably have the locking lug receiver issue. I've been reading that with some parts from a 760, it can be converted into a pump action thus allowing the rifle to live on. While I wait the long, and idiotic waiting period to collect my broken rifle I've been doing research. Would anyone happen to know what parts are needed for this conversion? I'm thinking the action bar, action tube, and the wood fore grip, but what else?

Thanks
I had a 740. As I recall you could cycle it by hand if you removed the forearm. You would need to disable the gas system of course. Not sure what parts you need but if you take a look the parts section for both the 760 and 740 you might be able to figure it out.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top