JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've enjoyed Ruger 10/22's for decades now, but from time to time want to shoot shorts so I started looking for a bolt action tube feed .22. I was in my local gun store yesterday and spotted a nice Remington 582, with a throw a way, 4x Bushnell scope/mount unit. It has the mahogany stock, 24" barrel and it still has the rear sight. It's in good shape, the metal being very nice, the wood has typical patina. I offered him $100 and he obliged. With that long barrel and Remington C-Bee shorts, it should be just the ticket for that occasional critter too close to the house. It's fun to add another vintage American rifle to the herd. The bore is bright and the trigger is quite nice. Bought some rings, now I need to find a cheap scope for it, then I look forward to sage rat season.
IMG_7036.jpg IMG_7037.jpg IMG_7038.jpg IMG_7039.jpg IMG_7043.jpg

I've got a single shot 580, great little rifle. I put a Primary Arms 6X Rimfire ACSS scope on mine, good reticle for my uses, and decent glass. I used Leupold Rifleman (?) rings to mount it, they're the ones with the vertical split, and allow for a very low scope mount.

Have a 582.......nice shooter it was until I scrubbed the barrel real good. Then it wouldn't shoot for snot. Turns out the steel is rather soft and I scrubbed the rifling right out out of it. It still looked good on inspection but the lands were pretty much gone. So beware when cleaning,,,,,,GO EASY.
Since The rifle has been re-barreled and shoots great again. Now I have the only 582 with a 581 stamped barrel.