JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$700
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
After much deliberation, I've decided to sell the '97 I picked up on auction recently.

The description said that it had been reblued and had a modern stock. I wanted a gun to convert to a trench gun (waiting list for heat shield).

Then I opened the box.

I'd say the bluing is easily 90-95% with a few idiot scratches from messing with the take down mechanism. The stock is a pretty pristine modern looking walnut piece of wood. The butt plate says Bishop, so I assume it's a bishop stock. Bishop went belly up about 30 years ago. The action is as tight as I've seen in a '97-smooth and glassy. The bore is bright and shiny. The barrel is a full choke 30 incher with a brass bead. It was manufactured in 1900 and will last easily another 123 years.

The overall effect of the gun is pretty amazing if you know '97s. Someone put a lot of love into making this thing. It really needs to be seen.

If someone wants to restock the thing, there are stocks all over the web. I'd probably go with the Boyd's stocks from Midway. About $160 for butt and forearm since the rest of the gun looks new. Why buy a Norinco?

I'm just spitballing the price. In my research, I haven't seen anything comparable. Fully restored ones bring north of $1200. The only trade I would be interested in is a quality 1911 in 45 acp.

20231122_133528.jpg 20231122_133913.jpg 20231122_133733.jpg 20231122_133627.jpg 20231122_133655.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
After much deliberation, I've decided to sell the '97 I picked up on auction recently.

The description said that it had been reblued and had a modern stock. I wanted a gun to convert to a trench gun (waiting list for heat shield).

Then I opened the box.

I'd say the bluing is easily 90-95% with a few idiot scratches from messing with the take down mechanism. The stock is a pretty pristine modern looking walnut piece of wood. The butt plate says Bishop, so I assume it's a bishop stock. Bishop went belly up about 30 years ago. The action is as tight as I've seen in a '97-smooth and glassy. The bore is bright and shiny. The barrel is a full choke 30 incher with a brass bead. It was manufactured in 1900 and will last easily another 123 years.

The overall effect of the gun is pretty amazing if you know '97s. Someone put a lot of love into making this thing. It really needs to be seen.

If someone wants to restock the thing, there are stocks all over the web. I'd probably go with the Boyd's stocks from Midway. About $160 for butt and forearm since the rest of the gun looks new. Why buy a Norinco?

I'm just spitballing the price. In my research, I haven't seen anything comparable. Fully restored ones bring north of $1200. The only trade I would be interested in is a quality 1911 in 45 acp.

View attachment 1768027 View attachment 1768028 View attachment 1768029 View attachment 1768030 View attachment 1768031
I priced it based on ones I've seen offered on line (shooters with no collector value with 50% blue and sketchy wood). They're getting $550-650 here.