JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was up at the 36 pit off 224 a couple weeks ago, and my buddy either short stroked or did something to make my 80s wingmaster jam. I decided to take off the barrel and then take the magazine spring out so there wouldn't be any tension on the rounds that are jammed. I had two hands on the shotgun and my buddy pried out the retention disk, but neither of us had our hands over the tube....
Of course , the spring launched into the upper atmosphere, somehow the follower followed. :s0092:

So now I'm just wondering if I should try and replace the follower with an original 70s-80s metal followe, or if there is another one I should buy? I have been thnking about getting a +2 extension too and I'm not sure if the original follower is good or bad with and extension.

The plastic is fine. Some recommend plastic and say the metal can peen the stops but I have used metal for years. If you want a metal, I recommend the Vang Comp.

If you get a plus 2 then a longer mag spring is needed too.

Try looking at Nordic they might have followers for sale, and proprietary nut for mag tube ext.
Mag extensions can go way past the muzzle; if you want a different look and more shells, my extensions included a new spring.

Which one do you need?

20200518_211926.jpg 20200518_211921.jpg 20200518_211931.jpg

Something i found out the hard way. I did the typical SS follower. All was great. Look at me I'm smarter then remington engineers.

One evening a buddy and I deside it would be a great Idea to run drill in near zero temperatures. If you didn't know, all materials contract as temperatures drop and at different rates. Well about 30mins in to are drills. I had a follower jammed solid in the mag tube. Not knowing what was going on, I put it in the truck. We go to leave the and the follower is no longer jammed. After a some playing with the chest freezer I realized, remington was not being cheap and had a real well engineered follower. My .02 before you spend $$

The plastic is fine. Some recommend plastic and say the metal can peen the stops but I have used metal for years. If you want a metal, I recommend the Vang Comp.

If you get a plus 2 then a longer mag spring is needed too.

I have a Vang Comp version and like it but like the GG&G version even better for its higher visibility.
870 Follower| Remington 870 follower| remington 870 magazine follower

Metal is 50s. 1 and 5, After that its plastic 2 is early 60s plastic

I've own around 40 870s the last 15 years. I've modded a dozen. Still own a dozen

Sounds good, thanks. Looks like his is a plastic one like number 2. Although I think his 'might' be a 60s wingmaster and I believe mine is an 80s so I'm not totally sure if it is period correct. You wouldn't happen to know which is correct for an 80s model would you? 15899322339741203816050.jpg

Month and year
Dec 73
The barrel profile, stock set and follower agrees with it being 70s

50s have a barrel ban, see pictures. 50s and 60s don't have recoil pad. They do get add. What brand is the recoil pad?

Stock set is 70s or newer

Still a beautiful shotty, just a little younger then you thought

20200519_182437.jpg 20200519_182519.jpg

Month and year
Dec 73
The barrel profile, stock set and follower agrees with it being 70s

50s have a barrel ban, see pictures. 50s and 60s don't have recoil pad. They do get add. What brand is the recoil pad?

Stock set is 70s or newer

Still a beautiful shotty, just a little younger then you thought

View attachment 698883 View attachment 698884
Whoops my bad, thanks for the info. Those are some nice engravings

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show