JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Never posted in this section before or even knew it existed. Shifted gears on my recent purchase to traditional bolt action (vs AR10) and skill development.
Working on mid range distance.

Winchester 308 Supergrade. Now I have 2 Winchester bolt guns. The second is a 30-06. Going to sight in tomorrow.

winchesters.jpg winchester-leupold.jpg 308-close.jpg 308-full.jpg

Remington also did a series of maple-stocked arms. I've come across several 760's with maple furniture.

I have one maple-stocked gun and it is very plain maple - but one of only 40. It is a Cooper 57M LVT in .17 HMR

Cooper-57-M-LVT-2021-03-28-15-09-59-UTC.jpg

The scope is a Weaver T-36 with fine crosshairs and a dot.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If anyone has an opinion, I'm thinking about sending it back. I have done woodworking in the past. The quality of the stock is questionable has black lines like worm holes filled w epoxy? And below the bolt is grey like it looks like a rotten 2x4. I have a Hella curly maple knife the grip looks amazing. If I send it back to Winchester it's $50 if they don't warranty it. I've seen other maple ones that look a lot better. My other Winchester stocks look more from an older tree. Send it back? Ive shot it and like it a lot other than the quality of the wood.

@barnabus1999 , no offense to the maple one, but that '06 is gorgeous! I almost bought one like that about 2000. Ended up not, but still wouldn't mind having it in my safe. The one I was looking at was a "Classic" and looked about the same as yours without the black tip on the forend.

I'm not a big fan of light colored stocks, but when I stripped my wife's 99 down and saw the color of the wood, I couldn't stain it. Just left it the color it really was and Varathaned it. Even though she hunts with a different rifle these days, she loves what I did with it. I left the stain in the checkering for contrast.

Lindas 243.jpeg

The Winchester Model 70 Super Grade has become one of my favorite rifles. Although I'd rather have the finely figure French Walnut (mine's in .30-06), I will probably go for a blonde myself next since I decided I need a new M 70 in .243 or 6.5 CM.