JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all, my name is Pete and I am a native Oregonian. I have belonged to NW Firearms for a while, but have not been on in years and so I am doing the awkward reintroductions. Thanks for any help you can give me. I do have a first question, I am needing to find the value of my guns, is there a good resource or website to get current values?
Thanks,
Pete

Hello all, my name is Pete and I am a native Oregonian. I have belonged to NW Firearms for a while, but have not been on in years and so I am doing the awkward reintroductions. Thanks for any help you can give me. I do have a first question, I am needing to find the value of my guns, is there a good resource or website to get current values?
Thanks,
Pete
There is a Blue Book of guns online but I believe you have to pay for it.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. I was hoping there would be a resource like Ebay where you can see what the guns have sold for recently online. I will check out the Bluebook site, see how much it costs.

Hello Pete and welcome to the forum.

Firearm values , well there is....
Blue book value..
What the big internet gun sites try to sell something at...
What the local gun shop will try to sell at...
And what the firearm actually sells for....

All of which are wildly different.

Location...
Condition of firearm...
Something to consider , while there are condition standards...
Many times , one person's Excellent is realistically closer to a good or fair....
Also worth noting is that "up grades" will only be worthwhile if the buyer likes 'em....
Trending popularity of the firearm....
Parts / ammo availability...
Country of origin....

All will also play a role in value.
Andy

Thank you all. I understand the difference in values for selling through a shop on consignment or just trading in the gun, I'm trying to put up a private sale as I don't want to give someone else my money more than the transfer fees. I am specifically looking for the value of a Sig 716 that I bought in 2012. I do not use it as I generally just practice with my pistols at the range. I am thinking of posting it on here but want to have a fair price or trade value. It has a Nikon M-308 scope and other added features. I would also like to part with the ammo I have but not sure if I need to do that separately or together.

Hello Pete and welcome to the forum.

Firearm values , well there is....
Blue book value..
What the big internet gun sites try to sell something at...
What the local gun shop will try to sell at...
And what the firearm actually sells for....

All of which are wildly different.

Location...
Condition of firearm...
Something to consider , while there are condition standards...
Many times , one person's Excellent is realistically closer to a good or fair....
Also worth noting is that "up grades" will only be worthwhile if the buyer likes 'em....
Trending popularity of the firearm....
Parts / ammo availability...
Country of origin....

All will also play a role in value.
Andy

Since all of your guns are one of a kind it's nigh on impossible to find a rough approximation of their worth.
Y'all left out the street cred of former owners, man!!

Along with the usual suspects, a hearty welcome from the Land of Evil Spirits!

UsualSuspects.png

Thanks,
Pete
Welcome!

I typically use truegunvalue.com. Gives a pretty good idea based on actual sales. From there you can adjust your price based on condition, desirability, accessories, etc...

I am specifically looking for the value of a Sig 716

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top