JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy everyone,

I created an account to sell a rifle so I could fund an M16A1 but I'm seeing that there's much more to this great site than I realized. I am an 11B Infantry combat vet who is getting into Vietnam War reenacting with D 2/5 Cav (Reenacting). I was a TEDD handler during my deployment to Afghanistan and earned my CIB during combat operations. I'm new to Oregon as well, I moved here from Utah to be closer to my parents. What a beautiful state this is.

Edit: Any veterans out there? I'd love to ask questions about your experiences. I love all my fellow vets. God Bless and thank you for your service to this great country!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Casey

Last Edited:
Welcome to the forum.
Lots to see and read here for sure.

Not a Vietnam Veteran...but a fellow Infantryman ....started out with the 7th Infantry Division...
Spent time in some other divisions and commands.
Mostly in LRRP / LRSD units.
Earned my CIB during Operation Just Casue...and had a few other combat tours.
Andy

35-Guidon-Wav2.gif

il-1588x-N-1831627640-9e76.jpg
9-th-infantry-division-class-a-patch-69320-grande.jpg

Last Edited:
Howdy everyone,

I created an account to sell a rifle so I could fund an M16A1 but I'm seeing that there's much more to this great site than I realized. I am an 11B Infantry combat vet who is getting into Vietnam War reenacting with D 2/5 Cav (Reenacting). I was a TEDD handler during my deployment to Afghanistan and earned my CIB during combat operations. I'm new to Oregon as well, I moved here from Utah to be closer to my parents. What a beautiful state this is.

Edit: Any veterans out there? I'd love to ask questions about your experiences. I love all my fellow vets. God Bless and thank you for your service to this great country!

Casey
Welcome Casey. I was 101st 11b from 2008 - 2012, paktika and Khost provinces of Afghanistan 2010.

Howdy everyone,

Casey
Welcome to the site U.S.Army retired

Howdy everyone,

Casey
First off, thanks for your service. And welcome, this is a great forum. I missed being a Viet Nam Vet by two weeks thanks to Richard Nixon.

What part of Utah you coming from? I was born/raised in Midvale and graduated from Hillcrest High, 1973. There was some mighty beautiful travels and places, on and off road, that I enjoyed those years down there. First wife and I moved here in '83. I'm actually getting sick of what this town turned into. St. Helen's IS a real pretty place, the new "Potland" not so much anymore.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

I'm a Submariner, but post service career I was Veteran Outreach Coordinator for the civilian company that I worked for, so I spoke with folks from all of the other branches.

There is a Veterans thread on here somewhere, if I find it, I'll tag you on it. Some good stories.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

That's actually hilarious 🤣 and I'm LDS.
Meanwhile, back in.......View attachment 1867825

Aloha, Mark
Welcome to this corner of the WEB. Very cool for the meetup brother.Seems to be a few of us from Utah and LDS. I moved to Portland from Sandy Utah in 87.Part of the south Salt Lake Valley. I am now camped outside in the woods past St Helens sense 98.
I look forward to having some chats with you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top