JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is fun to participate in forum discussions regarding your favorite sidearm, or favorite rifle, favorite caliber, etc. But in this case there is a different question: which accessory have you found most useful for hunting? And which least useful? We have to eliminate knives from this discussion, otherwise everyone would just say their knife was most useful.

After every hunting season I take stock of the inventory of stuff I packed and there is always something that was extraneous and didn't get used. But on the other hand, some things proved to be truly critical. So what about you? What are the accessories you take hunting that you find most and least useful? For example, items such as monocular, binocular, GPS, ammo pouch, range finder, compass, machete (we won't call that a knife), scents, calls, etc. Heck, maybe toilet paper! It won't be easy, but try to limit to one item each, one most useful and one least useful accessory.

:s0154: Most useless hunting accessory:
Bringing my brother-in-law along to help carry my deer out to the truck, constantly whining, "its heavy and ewwww there's blood on it, I'm cold..."

:s0155: Most useful hunting accessories:
Baseball bat, shovel :s0012:, borrowed game cart

Primos Trigger Stick bipod is amazingly useful. Serves well as walking stick, especially in steep terrain, and provides a very versatile way to instantly stabilize your shooting stance.

Also a little squeeze bottle of powder to know the wind direction....

Last Edited:
Primos Trigger Stick bipod is amazingly useful. Serves well as walking stick, especially in steep terrain, and provides a very versatile way to instantly stabilize your shooting stance.

Also a little squeeze bottle of powder to know the wind direction....
Great suggestions. Now you have me wanting a hunting stick...

Great suggestions. Now you have me wanting a hunting stick...
You know, it's not the cheapest accessory, but if that stick makes the difference between getting a good shot on an elk or getting a mediocre shot on an elk, it would pay for itself right there. The trigger mechanism on that particular model is VERY user-friendly for making real-world adjustments in the field. It's easy to walk with the legs retracted and have it extended for a standing-height shot almost instantaneously. It is a very well-built, durable device too, not cheap manufacturing.

Well "broken in" comfortable boots being the most useful....
Going to take some flak for this but...Camouflage clothing being the least useful.
Since in my experience ...scent , sound and movement are bigger "give aways" than clothing coloring / outline of body shape.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads