JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember those posts. It's definitely a nice modification, especially when not using IR mode and keeping clutter down. White light along with the vis laser is awesome.

I enjoy my Mawl a lot

Genuine question, what's the advantage of white light activation, while IR is activated? I'm new to NV and thinking of getting into it. In my limited understanding I would think that the white would be detrimental to NV use. Thanks 😊

In some instances, white light can enhance what you're trying to ID through NVGs, especially if you can't get out from the NVGs in a timely manner.

If you adjust them so you can see out from under them, then a slight tip of the head up and you're not looking through them, and you'd be in pure white light operation.

Make sense?

Not sure if correct plugs, but all I could find. Not finding plugs and lead without switch.
I will order one for you to check out. If they are correct, I will let you build me one. :)

Edit changed my mind, $18 shipping

Not sure if correct plugs, but all I could find. Not finding plugs and lead without switch.
I will order one for you to check out. If they are correct, I will let you build me one. :)

Edit changed my mind, $18 shipping
Those would be the right plugs.

Now I'm wondering if the companies that make the switches would sell the plug with the pigtail wire attached...hmmmm

Making the cable...

Cut the ends, with plenty of cable off the switches

20230111_114858.jpg

The outer wire is braided around the inner wire, unbraid and separate...

20230111_115629.jpg

Slide heat shrink over one wire before joining, and solder...

20230111_123832.jpg

You'll notice the wire coming from the crane connector, which is the one that attaches to the MAWL, is thinner than the other.

If you're going to do this, I recommend getting wire on the switches of the same heavier size.

The light end connector wire is about 24ga, the MAWL end is about 26ga.

The solder joint looks a bit flimsy, especially with the smaller wire, but upon testing...the plug ends will come out first before the wire joint separates.

Also, before applying the heat shrink...wrap the inner wires to insulate from the outer braid wire to keep from shorting out.

End product...

20230111_131354.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR