JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering a trade in which I would acquire a Marlin 1894 lever gun in .44 mag. The owner has two of them. One with a nice checked wood stock and forend, and another in plain wood, but with a Williams peep sight installed.

I want the best of both worlds, the checks and the peep. But he acquired both rifles as they are, and he's hesitant to move the peep onto the checked gun in case there's some machining to be done, etc. I've also read that hammers sometimes need to be modified and front sights swapped out too. So it's involved. Wish I knew exactly what model the Williams sight was, but I don't so far. It seems to be mounted on the left side of the action/receiver.

Suddenly it occurs to me that maybe we can just switch out the wood parts on the rifles and call it good. Are all 20" barrelled Marlin 1894's the same under the wood trim? I've taken more than a few of my own guns apart to clean and work on them. Easy enough. Would that also be an easy solution in this case?

Thanks in advance for any input/ideas/advice/cautions, etc.

Those and other nice peep sights can be had for about $70. Probably less than new furniture.I don't know the guy but I sure wouldn't change the furniture for you.

Many sights have the different peep sights for sale. Midway has a nice selection.I have been looking for some for my 1995 marlin

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top