JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had this tucked in one of my safes for several years and don't know much about it.
Hoping to gather more info. I think it's a 6.5 but not positive the mag well is only about 33mm long or 1.3" long.
I've believe I have a clip that goes to it but I'm probably wrong about that.
I would like to know if it has any value as well or if it's just a good wall hanger.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

5BCC27FF-B1E3-4CE3-BE58-0CDF96407DD6.jpeg A611B855-AA73-4880-8855-9E03B4B3EF21.jpeg 9E9AF6AF-8967-4298-8011-425DCD5297A0.jpeg 4EF73C9C-0AE7-4F20-AF76-F1E7764EEEBF.jpeg 38579CD1-F02C-465C-AF29-B3EED43A3CE0.jpeg 109D06A4-3AEB-448F-929D-E71BE7A49964.jpeg D75EDFA5-C11E-4B11-83BA-C138567C3B9D.jpeg

Looks like a sporterized carcano to me. Mine is from the 1890s and shoots jut fine though it's not worth much

Looks like a sporterized carcano to me. Mine is from the 1890s and shoots jut fine though it's not worth much
Do you think that's the clip that goes with it ?
Do you know what ammo it shots I know it's 6.5 but I don't know anything else.
Maybe I can trade it for a Highpoint 😁.
I'll probably put it on the wall with some other old guns I have

6.5x52mm Carcano

Looks like the right clip to me

good luck finding any. I've only found a few boxes here and there though it's comparably priced to .308 when available.

I just gave some 6.5 carcano away but I just found 1 round still on my table.
Does this look right?
Now I'm going to have to find some just to fire it once.

image.jpg

My guess here is that this started life as a 1891 / 24 Carcano carbine in 6.5x52.
Someone did some 'sporterization"...bent the bolt handle....added a butt pad , took off the upper hand guard and such....
Andy

When you say sportization did they shorten the barrel to?
We're these very accurate for there time?

My guess here is that this started life as a 1891 / 24 Carcano carbine in 6.5x52.
Someone did some 'sporterization"...bent the bolt handle....added a butt pad , took off the upper hand guard and such....
Andy

When you say sportization did they shorten the barrel to?
We're these very accurate for there time?

Andy
Lee Harvey Oswald

First I really don't think that a WWI - WWII vintage rifle is "old"...especially when compared to what I usually shoot...:D

Barrel length on the 1891 / 24 carbine was 17.7 inches....
Accurate.....well that would depend on who is shooting the carbine....just like with any firearm.
Andy

YUP!

6.5 x 52 CAR CN OH...My..😉

Ammo is out there.
Recently bunches of these showed up from Ethiopia & Italy's various Poletzi groups. The Germans grabbed a bunch when they were moving north & El Duci was hanging upside down & they gave them out to various Home Guard Types.

Me Pops sent one back from there.
91-29 w the underfolder bayo.
Also 1929 TERNI marked, which was the Plant that made it.

There are even Retro Clips available now because of the bunches of these being imported here.

Last Edited:
The rifle, despite its military history is known mostly as the type and caliber which assinated President John F Kennedy.
YUP!!
That Infamous Majik Bulleto...

And "Good Ol Boy" LBJ @ a Party the night before @ the King of Natural Gas's convenient ranch,
& Just after the "Special Guest" had arrived from DC, 1ea J. Edgar Hoover---,
and then they had their "Meeting" where LBJ had been heard Yelling & Screaming ...

He emerged red faced, took his Main Mistress by the arm & said;

"Well, after tomorrow the Irish WON'T BE GIVING ME ANY MORE PROBLEMS...

Shortly thereafter that Piece of Divil Shyte cancelled 3 of JFK's Executive Orders & ordered an Increase of kid's in Uniform to Go Across the Pond,
& another cancelling JFK's Exec Order to SPEND US NOTES -
LINCOLN GREENBACKS--
INTO EXISTENCE --- DEBT FREE-- We OWN THEM....

SORRY, END OF RANT..😤😢😢

at least they didn't put his mug on the dime...

That bullet ricocheted off the grassy knoll!
YUP...

I Said it was MAJIK...😉😉..

Summer of 1967 a Night Class @ Ft Knox was interrupted w/ the XO telling Candidate Jay Jones that he had an emergency phone call.

Later on his Buddy Bruce N asked him if he could say what was up..
Jay replied:

"If I'm Not here fer bed check tonight, I'll be in Rio by morning." 🤔🤔🤔

Jay was from Dallas, his Dad was a Dallas Cnty Deputy who on that day in 1963 had suggested Jay go watch the POTUS drive by...
"Sit near the book depository...,
Something was Gonna Happen".!!!.

So he did.
His Pops had no idea just What was up.. Just Something.
3 yrs layer he's still looking out the back of his head..

Then Johnson Escalated.
Going against Robert Strange McNamara's recommendations & near 58,000 additional US Young-Uns had to die......

If the Soul of ANY Human Being is in Hell, LBJ is there nibbling Dingleberries from FDR's Arse Port...

End of Rant...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads