JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all!
Every so often I see a good deal on a 1911, but have never pulled the trigger on a sale yet. (Like that?) I am looking for an inexpensive 1911 pistol. I am not brand finicky, it just has to go 'bang' every time. Looks are much less important than function.
Do you have a .45 sitting in your safe that you don't shoot, need, or want anymore? I'd love to buy it from you!
I am in the South Tacoma/Ft. Lewis area, but willing to meet somewhere 30 minutes any direction give-or-take.
Thanks!
Chris

Sounds like you're looking for used, but if you're open to new, I recommend the Rock Island Armory (RIA) 1911A1. They're made in the Phillipines and imported by ARMSCOR in Nevada. It is a no frills 1911 that goes 'bang' every time... I'm pretty sure they can be had for $350-$450. If you do a little internet research, RIA 1911's have excellent reviews.. I have over 1000 rounds through mine, and only one FTF when the gun was really dirty.. It took about 2-300 rounds to break in, but will now cycle anything, including JHP. It shoots just as well as my buddy's S&W for a lot less dough.

Good luck!

Thanks! My local gun shop (Mary's Pistols) recommended the same as a entry level gun. I was hoping to find used, maybe closer to $300 than $400-450. This will be my first 1911, so I don't want to spend a ton. In the end, I may go that route though.

I have an RIA 1911 tactical CS (Officers/compact) and really like it (~1000 rounds, mixed ammo, zero issues). It was my first 1911 and since purchasing that one I sold another handgun to purchase another 1911 (still debating on which one but hoping to come across the rare Ruger SR1911).

I know that Keith's carries Armscor/RIA and if I remember correctly they deal in WA as well. I really think your best bet (if you can't find one on here) would be a gun show. Most all used RIAs I've seen sold really didn't sell for that much less than buying new... If you're not opposed to buying online, keep an eye on for a 1911 deal that fits your budget.

In any case, good luck in your search and I hope you're able to find something soon!

Yeah, I am sure many are. I could afford a brand new RIA new right now, but I don't want to invest much in this at first for two reasons.
First: I have not shot an 1911 since basic training. I'd like to get one cheap and shoot it a ton. See if I enjoy shooting 1911s.
Second: If I do like the platform, I will be looking at a Ruger SR1911 as my next purchase, so buying a cheapie vs spending $400 for an entry level RIA or similar gets me closer to what I want.

So.....anyone have an ugly gun they want to sell?

Good question Chipperxd! I can buy a new RIA GI Mil Spec for $400, and a RIA Tactical for $430, so inexpensive would have to be less than that. Otherwise, I might as well buy new. This is more to satisfy my curiosity and test out my like for the platform. I only shot a 1911 once, in basic training, in 1989. But I would like to own one and shoot it a ton. If I fall in love (or even deeply in lust), I can buy higher end piece later on.
Chris

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.