JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I understand your plight but would seriously think about another caliber - maybe a bolt or SS .223 - something you can get ammo for. I was talking to a guy the other day (who is in the firearms industry) and he says even the rumors are getting old. It seems those who report finding .22 just happen to be in the right spot at the right time and then it's just a few bricks is all. He firmly believes the hoarders are contributing to the shortage as he often hears people talking about how they "Have 20K rounds on hand but are always looking for more"

It depends upon how much $/round you're willing to spend.

If you want to keep it under $0.10/round then you'll have to look often. I was down to a couple of hundred rounds just before X-Mas and now have about 4k - about 6 months of shooting for me. What I did was check slickgun.com frequently and buy whenever I found any that I could use - mostly Federal Auto Match and CCI 40 gr lead.

For example, I just checked @ 9:27AM and Palmetto had Federal for $0.08/round + shipping...3 box limit.

I understand your plight but would seriously think about another caliber - maybe a bolt or SS .223 - something you can get ammo for. I was talking to a guy the other day (who is in the firearms industry) and he says even the rumors are getting old. It seems those who report finding .22 just happen to be in the right spot at the right time and then it's just a few bricks is all. He firmly believes the hoarders are contributing to the shortage as he often hears people talking about how they "Have 20K rounds on hand but are always looking for more"
Thanks keep that in mind.

If you want to keep it under $0.10/round then you'll have to look often. I was down to a couple of hundred rounds just before X-Mas and now have about 4k - about 6 months of shooting for me. What I did was check slickgun.com frequently and buy whenever I found any that I could use - mostly Federal Auto Match and CCI 40 gr lead.

For example, I just checked @ 9:27AM and Palmetto had Federal for $0.08/round + shipping...3 box limit.

Bill this was pretty much a one time offer to help the kids. I am kinda getting to the bottom of my "kid ammo".

Best,
Gary
thanks anyway

Portland Sportsman's show yesterday (last day today at Expo center) had (2) 300 round boxes of CCI .22LR for the first 3,000 customers...$20/box.
I don't know if they are doing it again today, but maybe.
$6 parking, $12 admission...and crowded!

There is often ammo for sale here on the list. If you are patient you can get it for 6 to 7 cents per round for bulk ammo. I just picked up 4500 rounds for $300 from a member here. If you are in a hurry there is usually something for sale closer to 10 cents per round.

There is often ammo for sale here on the list. If you are patient you can get it for 6 to 7 cents per round for bulk ammo. I just picked up 4500 rounds for $300 from a member here. If you are in a hurry there is usually something for sale closer to 10 cents per round.
I just picked some up for around 6 cents. Thanks.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.