JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I going blind here?

I see a BUNCH of posts that are missing completely or not even numbered right in a row on this thread.

What do you SEE? The same thing as I do or what now?

Thank you!

Old Lady Cate
I'm not missing any numbers Cate. And I have a LOT of people on ignore.

I guess that is possible, I wasn't aware that you could block people from seeing your own post?
Starting with a recent site upgrade, the IGNORE feature became two way.... you can't see the person's posts that you put on ignore, but they can't see yours either.

So last week I brought a model 60 S&W to my gunsmith for a tune up. When I got there he asked where the gun was and I told him right here and pulled it out of my pants pocket. He said do you have a concealed carry permit? I said yes, he said good enough for me. So when I pick it up I plan on doing the reverse. Am I wrong? I do have a bunch of gun boxes with the plastic tabs for small locks and some of those little luggage locks if needed.

So last week I brought a model 60 S&W to my gunsmith for a tune up. When I got there he asked where the gun was and I told him right here and pulled it out of my pants pocket. He said do you have a concealed carry permit? I said yes, he said good enough for me. So when I pick it up I plan on doing the reverse. Am I wrong? I do have a bunch of gun boxes with the plastic tabs for small locks and some of those little luggage locks if needed.
On Planet Earth, I hope so.

Am I supposed to padlock my gun to my pants now? If a thug beats me up and takes my gun and my pants, am I still liable or does the burden shift to the clothing manufacturer?

Great question and legislators often do not think of things like this. For example, where I was an LEO there was a law that said children who are passengers on a bicycle must wear a helmet. Confirmed with a judge, the way the law was written the two year old was actually the violator. Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot.
Very few laws are written by legislators anymore. Most are written by special interest groups or lobbyists. Your argument still holds regardless.

Well my guess is that "by force" means a physical confrontation of sorts not using a bolt cutter etc. when the gun owner isnt home. After all, the whole point of the law makes the crime victim liable for that actions of the thief if the victim doesn't report his gun stolen in time, so my guess was 4(5)(b) was referring to a physical confrontation.
Well, That's just wrong. To have my firearm taken out of my hand by force, and then be responsible for having it taken.

4 more weeks and I'm in Tennessee. Constitutional open or concealed carry, no paperwork or permission needed for private gun transfers. Lots of other freedoms.

Those bubblegum commies in Salem can shove their bubblegum up their bubblegum, sideways.

Cheers.

4 more weeks and I'm in Tennessee. Constitutional open or concealed carry, no paperwork or permission needed for private gun transfers. Lots of other freedoms.

Those bubblegum commies in Salem can shove their bubblegum up their bubblegum, sideways.

Cheers.
Man, its been a year and two months since we left Oregon and became Texans - I couldn't agree with you more. I"ve watched from afar as Oregon and Washington completely went to hell. Portland looks like its the set of the next Mad Max movie. I can't imagine that it hasn't spilled into the suburbs at this point either.

We had friends that sold their home in a nice neighborhood in Rock Creek and moved to North Carolina a couple months ago.

I feel for all of you still there - the fight does not appear to be going well. I've been enjoying the last month of permitless carry, even if permitless carry here in TX isn't as permissive as carry under a CHL (called a License to Carry here)

You couldn't pay me to set foot on the left coast right now, save for Alaska. Idaho is as far west as I could envision going unless things do a 180 back there.

Man, its been a year and two months since we left Oregon and became Texans - I couldn't agree with you more. I"ve watched from afar as Oregon and Washington completely went to hell. Portland looks like its the set of the next Mad Max movie. I can't imagine that it hasn't spilled into the suburbs at this point either.

We had friends that sold their home in a nice neighborhood in Rock Creek and moved to North Carolina a couple months ago.

I feel for all of you still there - the fight does not appear to be going well. I've been enjoying the last month of permitless carry, even if permitless carry here in TX isn't as permissive as carry under a CHL (called a License to Carry here)

You couldn't pay me to set foot on the left coast right now, save for Alaska. Idaho is as far west as I could envision going unless things do a 180 back there.
You suck.. :( :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads