JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite ingredient for jalapeño poppers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I take a mixture of cream cheese and medium cheddar, add a few drops of Melinda's Habanaro Hot Sauce and crumbled, fried bacon. Stir it up and stuff the Jalapeños.
Grill them on low on the Trager to get a good smoke, I like apple or alder!

The Habanaro sauce is for flavor not heat, so I recommend going easy on it. :p

Can we leave out the jalapeño and lets just wrap some bacon up and stuff that!
It sounds like you're a bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed date kinda guy.. but who isn't? lol

th?&id=JN.uBuCIcwkUdl1mFhypne15w&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

I know I'm gonna take some abuse for this, but my daughter makes a bunch of different kinds of stuffed peppers, and she uses, (let the abuse begin), "Humis" and I gotta tell ya, They're really good. I wouldn't eat any for awhile cause I'm just that way, but she finally got me to try one while I was barbequing and hungry, (not fair). I don't know what else she puts in them but I eat them every time she cooks em now. She's fed Humis to me a couple other ways, didn't work, but the peppers are pretty good with whatever she puts in em.

If y'all do lots of stuffed peppers, poppers or Rellenos, even Mom's green ones, you need this tool. Very handy and works like a charm.

You say your Wife decides what she wants on her popper. And picks the winner?

Well since these peppers can get really spicy. She may need a fire fighter?
Maybe she would like Him on top! Of the popper of course.

You said She decides! Don't go changing the rules!:D

I'm ashamed.:( But I need the ammo.

23726ca93f6e17d12763ce2f984dd295.jpg

If you're a buffalo wing sorta family, try this:
2/3 softened cream cheese, 1/3 blue cheese crumbles, crisp cooked bacon crumbled, and Frank's Red Hot to taste. Go easy on the Franks, or use their pre-mixed wing sauce for more flavor with less added heat.
Mix all that together, stuff your peppers, and grill on indirect heat til the jalapeños are to your preferred consistency.

I hear ya...but sometimes you have to tone it down to get folks to even try them and let them "graduate" to a proper popper. Say that 3 times real fast;)

Since our last interlude I've been doing poppers per the recipes given. I have my fav and Momma is leaning towards one.
Last call for recipes. Getting pretty burned out myself but the warden says "bring em on"

Lol if you luv say chocolate, too much of a good thing makes one want a temporary change of venue. We are still committed to fire, just in a different cuisine,temporarily you understand. :)

Lol if you luv say chocolate, too much of a good thing makes one want a temporary change of venue. We are still committed to fire, just in a different cuisine,temporarily you understand. :)

Understand that one....I love pizza but the kids and wife get tired of it if I bring it home every other day :D

Speaking of peppers though who has a recipe for the Chipotle red sauce......I love that stuff to death and yes it does burn the next day :oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top