JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
2 years ago I bought a white storm door, now the paint is pealing off of the "flashing" surround the edges of the door. It has a 10 year warranty on paint and manufacturing defects. So I email the company and send them a copy of the receipt and requested pictures. The responded and said sorry your claim has been denied, I responded and asked why, no response. I tried calling and I get in touch with customer service and because my claim was already processed online I need to speak with a "manager" and they are not returning my calls.

What do I do in a case like this? I have a $300 door that looks like total junk and the company is not honoring their own warranty. Do I have any options.

I thought keeping info to a minimum would be best but I guess its not to critical.

The brand is EMCO Doors, they manufacture doors specifically for Home Depot, so it is like Home Depots store brand of doors. EMCO is owned by Anderson Doors which is a big nationwide company. Both companies are located on the East Coast.

I do not have access to pictures at the moment but can get some up later on.

My contacts with news media are next to nothing.

just tried calling again, i actually got through to the manager, I asked why my claim was denied. He said he was sorry that the paint is pealing but just because I have an issues doesn't mean they see it as an issue.. And then he had the guts to tell me for $50+shipping he would be willing to mail me some replacement flashing. I gave him a few choice words that did not help but made me feel better and then he hung up on me...

Is the flashing physically part of the door, or is it a seperate piece (part of an installation process)? Would probably need to see a photo. Did you install it, or have somebody else install?

Won't Home Depot stand behind a product they sell??

I'm in need of a new storm/security door, I was considering Home Depot among others.

Curious to see how this turns out.......

Mike

My wife and I had something similar but it was our $5k front door/side lights. We bought the door from Lowe's. Can't say ANYTHING bad about Lowe's...they did there best to help me every step of the way.

Over the period of 4 years we had....get this 13 total door units replaced. The first manufacturer (Therma-Tru) was not at all responsive after a number of calls & emails. What we ended up doing....bloging about our experiences on EVERY home improvement site we could find. I had kept detailed notes and taken pictures at each door replacement. My wife finally found the CEO at Therma-Tru and we sent him the URL's of the home improvement sites with all the details of how poorly they had treated us.

BOY did this hit home....

After seven (yes 7 bad door units), they ended up contacting us telling us they would buy us any other "NON" Therma-Tru door that we wanted. I had heard good things about Pella, so I told them we wanted a similar Pella door unit.

We guess what....Pella was just as bad as Therma-Tru....we ended up going through 6 Pella doors till we got one that was correctly built, no scratches, no broken glass.

We had to go through the same threats with Pella as we did with Therma-Tru. We did get resolution...but I'd NEVER but a product from either company.

Throughout the hole time Lowe's did everything they could to help us....even giving us a $500 credit card for all of our troubles. Is wasn't Lowe's fault, it was the manufacturers!!!!!!!!!!

The power of the internet is very strong. Post your experiences out on blog sites, home improvement sites, angies list, etc.... Then send the manufacturer the links/URL's...see if you don't get a response.

Good luck,

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads